Figma Support Forum

Ability to expand right workspace panel

1. As a user, I can drag and expand my Layers and Assets work-panel. I’d like to have that functionality on the right work-panel (Design, Prototype, Inspect panel). Some of our design tokens are a bit long and are truncated due to character count limits.

1 Like

I want to be able to drag the right panel to resize it like I can with the left panel so I can view the full names of my color styles.

Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?

1 Like

Hi,

We have color and type libraries set up to align with our development environment meaning we can just have “red” or “body” as a description. It needs to be longer.

However, The right bar containing all our properties has become almost unusable in some circumstances due to it’s hugely constrained width. We can often just see a category title, and not the actual label of the color or type.

With the left layers panel being resizable, it would make sense to provide this same flexibility for designers to better utilise our working space.

Thank you,

Craig