Customizable shortcuts

Hey, could you Export/Share you List? Greez Jens

Soooo 6 years after launch, and 429 votes later, no custom shortcuts?
Massive oversight, massive disappointment.

3 Likes

Many FIGMAs do not have preset shortcuts, but they are very high -frequency operations for me, and more mouse operations are cumbersome. E.g:
apply boolean property

Seriously guys, get your act together and make the customizable shortcuts a priority. Figma is wonderful, but without the shortcuts it cannot count to be a professional app.

2 Likes

Yep, why Figma still have no Customizable shortcuts? I’m use this app a one year, but still cant use any shortcut. Because it’s extremely inconvenient.

Voted!
And I think it goes well with Shortcut search tool

There is a learning curve or just a bit of time and repetition required to master Figma’s keyboard shortcuts. The best place to start is the Help Menu > Keyboard Shortcuts (Control + Shift + ?):

This will show you which shortcuts you have already used and which ones you have yet to discover.

Beyond that, I use Keyboard Maestro (KM) to make Figma (and all other apps) do what I want via Keyboard. As a benefit, the KM shortcuts sync to all of my other Macs, so I don’t have to update System preferences on multiple Macs, or when I get a new Mac. KM does a ton of other useful things, such as scripted automations, but I primarily use it for shortcuts because I got tired of having to redo System Preferences in macOS.

In this screenshot, you can see my Figma shortcuts for the boolean shape options:

Thanks! That’s super helpful.

I never knew the Figma keyboard shortcuts window would display used shortcuts in blue. That’s quite a nifty feature.

Thanks for your suggestion on Keyboard Maestro. I’ve been doing something similar with Better Touch Tool for a while now, which allows me to override any shortcuts that can’t be set through the macOS System Preferences settings.

I guess both apps are pretty similar, but haven’t tried Keyboard Maestro as I’m now invested in BTT and it works for me.

Thanks for this Rubem.

1 Like

And it looks like Figma changed the show/hide keyboard shortcut with the latest release. Would be nice to be able to change it back.

+1, really need to be able to customize keyboard shortcuts. Shift+0 for zoom to 100%? can’t do that with one hand. I want to be able to change them to whatever I need so I can make it more ergonomic.

1 Like

im also wondering, how is this not a priority to fix? usability 101

1 Like

Please allow custom shortcuts. We designers use more graphic software in the same time, especialy in Adobe with some different shortcuts and we are used to them for decades…
I´d welcome “Tab” for hiding panels e.g. which is much faster.

1 Like

I think it wouldn’t be hard to make it work…?
I suppose shortcuts conflicts can be bad but if there is a “go to” conflict and a “change” or “cancel” option, it doesn’t seem too terrible.
Would love to see it implemented.

I’d like to be able to map the command palette to Shift Command P, similar to Sublime Text. I never use the pixel preview, so the shortcut currently in that spot is of no use to me and I’m constantly accidentally activating it.

Please keep up with that :pray:
Swiss DE Keyboard doesn’t really work with some of the shortcuts.

Keyboard shortcuts are not all working on German Standard Keyboard! :pensive:
The symbol is already on the keyboard (not the same place of the English keyboard) so i can press the buttons but the shortcut is not functioning.

This is really annoying in Figma, and now it is the same at FigJam!

I made a list of these shortcuts:

Show/Hide UI: Ctrl +
Multiplayer Cursors: Ctrl + Alt +
Previous Page: Page Up
Next Page: Page Down
Adjust Font Size: Ctrl + Shift + < and >
Adjust Font Weight Ctrl + Alt + < and >
Adjust Letter Spacing Alt + < and >
Adjust Letter Height Shift + Alt + < and >
Remove Fill Alt + /
Bring Forward Ctrl + ]
Send Backward Ctrl + [
Bring to Front Ctrl + Shift + ]
Send to Back Ctrl + Shift + [

I hope this will help you fix it.

30 Likes

Same here (french keyboard :slight_smile: )

1 Like

+1, please add german and other language keyboard layouts.

3 Likes

+1, creating custom shortcuts is not an acceptable workaround