Use shape boundaries for interactive hotspot instead of rectangular bounding box

Hello,

I couldn’t find a feature in Figma where we can constrain trigger or hotspot bounds to a vector shape instead of a rectangular bounding box.

The current version doesn’t support the design use cases similar to those below (eg: interactive pie charts) where transparent pixels are ignored in a non-rectangular shape because the hotspot bounding box is always rectangular. It would be nice to constrain the hotspot area to the desired shape instead of a rectangle. Please check the attached Figma file.
Hotspot bounds.fig (7.0 MB)

Is it possible to include HTML image maps so the hotspot shape can use a polygonal shape? Please check the URL below.

1 Like

Linking other posts I’ve come across talking about the same issue.
@Josh @Gayani_S @Celine_Figma @y_toku @Heath_Rogers

1 Like

Hi there,

Thank you for providing feedback! As you mention, this is a feature limitation at the moment, so it’s unavailable. I will share this with our internal team. Your input is highly valued, and we will take it into consideration for future enhancements!

Thanks,
Toku

1 Like

This would be extremely valuable, @y_toku. I’m just trying to upvote the concept in order to show more of us would appreciate this ability in Figma. Thanks!

1 Like

Agreed @RhizomeTodd @y_toku! I am trying to build a map areas that are hovered over highlight. Unfortunately the winding corridor area gets selected as soon as the mouse enters the map! Would be awesome to have events be based on the shape, not its bounding box.

1 Like

(and @N.A.G.A)