Smart Animation doesnt animate properly

I have created an animation in my project and it worked well when i preview it yesterday, no changes made at all in the file and i tired to run the same project today but the transitions are not working properly - for example a group resized from large to small, usually the transition works smoothly, but now its just show the large layer and fading out to the next frame - in which the same layer is small.
It suppose to look like this:

The weird thing is that it worked properly yesterday and today it doesn’t.
Of course i checked the layer name and hierarchies, it all seems to be ok.

What can be the reason?

I just had a similar problem. All my smart animations were working on Friday (last time I opened the document) and today they stopped. I didn’t change anything in my prototype, so I didn’t know why it wasn’t working. I deleted all the interactions, closed the document/Figma, and recreated the interactions again… nothing. It took me a while to realise that I changed the name of my main frames.

I get that the objects being animated need to have the same name for smart animation to work, it makes sense, but I don’t understand why the parent frames also need to have the same name :thinking:

Hey both, sorry to hear this is happening!

It’s hard to be sure of the issue without seeing the file. Please reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com, so we can take a closer look.

Name & Location of the animating layer must be same in all variants. Then only it works smooth or else it just fades.

I am having the same issue (worked fine a few days ago). I have checked and name and location are the same in both frames but im seeing a fade rather than a slide of the box.

Hey there,

If possible, would you be able to share the file link with access to support-share@figma.com? It won’t affect your billing. I hope I can investigate it further.

I’m not sure if these are helpful but I tested a few on my end with a very very simple example and It looks working fine:

Again, if possible, would you be able to share the file link with access to support-share@figma.com?

Thanks!
Toku