Prototype black screen with 404 for imagedecoder.js.map

Hi there,

I’m a new Figma user, and loving it thus far. However, I can’t seem to get prototyping to work at all for my complex project, even though I can get prototyping working on a “hello world” project. Here’s the symptoms I’m seeing.

1 - I set up a flow (with let’s say N steps)
2 - I press the prototype button, and it takes me to a screen (screenshot below), which always has the same N as the number of steps in my flow (telling me something is still working).
3 - However, the content never loads - it’s perpetually a black screen.

Looking at the network log, I see all of the assets associated with my project (images, fonts) loading successfully, but none of the “core” data of the page (I couldn’t for example find a string on the page in the network logs). I also could be missing this if it’s encoded.

In the developer console, I see two things that may point to an answer. A request for (what looks like a script needed by Figma called imagecoder) returned a 404, and shortly thereafter some minified javascript got an null error when trying to use it (if I’m de-minifying correctly).

The missing asset:
https://www.figma.com/imagedecoder.js.map

The error stack trace is below.

Other details that could be relevant:

• I’m running linux with a basic AMD graphics card (from your logging, it’s: ANGLE (AMD, AMD RENOIR, OpenGL 4.6 (Core Profile) Mesa 21.0.1))
  • I’m a freemium user (for now :slight_smile: )
  • I am a pretty new user, so it’s plausible I’m hitting some quota or something.
  • I tinkered around with visibility settings (since 404’s are sometimes used to cover 403’s) to no avail.

Thanks for making a really high quality product, I’m excited to start working with prototyping if this can get resolved!

Grady

DevTools failed to load source map: Could not load content for https://www.figma.com/imagedecoder.js.map: Fetch through target failed: Target not supported; Fallback: HTTP error: status code 404, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE
prototype_app.733c34088b7e5578cfc4ec50b3d8d514.min.js.br:70 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'c' of null
    at hb (viewer.js.br:158)
    at Vp (viewer.js.br:16)
    at new aY (viewer.js.br:352)
    at Op (viewer.js.br:147)
    at ux (viewer.js.br:149)
    at lc (viewer.js.br:145)
    at viewer.js.br:92
    at Wv (viewer.js.br:97)
    at jl (viewer.js.br:92)
    at lX.sa.gs (viewer.js.br:336)
    at Lp (viewer.js.br:142)
    at px (viewer.js.br:143)
    at lX.sa.gs (viewer.js.br:336)
    at Lp (viewer.js.br:142)
    at px (viewer.js.br:143)
    at Ol (viewer.js.br:154)
    at Av (viewer.js.br:91)
    at Wt (viewer.js.br:53)
    at _M (viewer.js.br:181)
    at viewer.js.br:374
    at YY.sa.dh (viewer.js.br:429)
    at oY.sa.oD (viewer.js.br:374)
    at JG (viewer.js.br:48)
    at viewer.js.br:47
    at $f (viewer.js.br:294)
    at Eb.f (viewer.js.br:414)
    at p (prototype_app.733c34088b7e5578cfc4ec50b3d8d514.min.js.br:70)

Also! I’m sorry I didn’t mention this in the initial report, but I replicated the same behavior on a Mac. Both browsers were up-to-date Chrome.

Hi! I’ve found the source of the error. It wasn’t what I suggested above, it was a strange behavior with an accidental box shadow:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.