Nested instances reset to default when applying parent modifications like booleans

Hi, I’m facing a strange behaviour right now and I did not find a way to make it work yet…Maybe you folks can help me find a solution or point me in the right direction.

My plan is to create a sidebar navigation pattern where designers can modify the menu structure easily.

The structure of the example includes a “Single Item” component set where all the different navigation link type are collected (e.g. Headline, Link, Subline, Divider, etc.) and a “Section” component set that is used to allow the designers to choose how many navigation items they want to have in a section.

Now to the strange behaviour. When I use the “Mobile” boolean on the “Single Item” component all works as expected. Inactive “Mobile” is full width and active “Mobile” is max-width of 68px. See an example below:

Now when I apply the same settings to a “Section” component only the unchanged link types have the custom text I applied earlier. All link items that have been modified are overwritten by their default state. What I would expect is the “Headline” and “Subline” to have the modified text like in version where mobile is not active. See an example below:

It’s strange to me that, for example, the nested instance is still remembering that I changed it to a “Headline” type but not remembering the text I entered. This way its impossible to allow the designers to easily change the sidebar to collapsed without changing the content for the mobile version manually. What am I missing here?

Here is a sample file to see the behaviour in action:
custom_override_bug.fig (84.6 KB)

Hey Sascha, I’ve checked internally and got the confirmation that this is not an expected behaviour. Please reach out to our support team, they can investigate further and file a bug report on your behalf.