Figma Support Forum

Nested components not working

Not sure if this is a bug or general feedback. I have interactive components nested within another interactive component. The nested component doesn’t seem to function as intended. In this example, I have a button nested within a notification component. The button is set up to be interactive, but does not function in prototype.

See the button prototype states in the image below.

2 Likes

I’m seeing this issue as well. Seemed to start last night/today. Was working yesterday morning. I wonder if it has something to do withe the latest update.

1 Like

I’m on the same train, and it started this morning… the fun fact is that I had moments when everything starts working, and then it breaks again. I noticed that also not nested components break as soon as you customize them (ex. text link with a hover interaction, then create an instance (it works) and edit the text string, that breaks the interaction for me.

2 Likes

I’m encountering the same issue, one moment it’s working, then it’s broken again.

yep same here. I made a similar post but deleted it because it started working again. low and behold, it’s broken again

Having the same issue here

Having the same issue but don’t even have multiple interactive components. Got a text field that’s interactive + nested in a few non-interactive components, but clicking isn’t doing anything.

I have nested components too, but the nested one doesn’t have any interaction, it is just a frame with a text object. So when I try to override the text on the instance level (text appears on hover), the text stays the same as in the original component. Maybe I should have the same child component even in the default state, just hidden?

Same thing for me. Until now I had no problem, I even nested some complex components with animations, but now a simple loading bar in another component doesn’t work.