Conditional Variant Properties

Same here. I would like the bars to have conditions so that the appropriate ones are removed when items are turned off - ie don’t have a bar on the end, always have bars inbetween. It’s not a prototyping interaction. It should happen when designer makes changes in right panel.

Please see the image below. Not sure if Figma will get to solve this any time soon, it’s either a technical limitation, or it’s intentional, but it can be a bit more intuitive.

If Type A is selected, please show options for Type A only, vs also showing from type B.

The current behaviour is, if you imagine a country selector, you select Japan, and in province selector you also see provinces from other countries, doesn’t really make sense. Figma is still a fantastic tool, and hope it gets even better.

3 Likes

You can achieve conditional component properties if you take instances of your separate components. For example in the post from Radu4, if you separate Type A and Type B into two separate components, and then take the default instance from each, then make those variants of a component, and show their nested properties, the options for each will show up conditionally. See below for how an example like this would show up in the properties panel.

1 Like

Thanks Brandon, I appreciate the reply. What you explained is how Figma works today, and what I ended up doing of course. But to take all these steps to work around for the lack of a simple select filter, is a bit unintuitive.