Plugin for viewers

Just started using Figma inspect instead of Zeplin, now the devs are asking to use this plugin pixelay, but again viewers cant use plugins. I would love viewers to be able to use none destructive plugins.

6 Likes

I have a plugin that turns spec layer info on and off which is useful for developers who want to see the design with and without it but not possible without access to this plugin :expressionless:

I’m in a similar position, using a plugin to toggle layer visibility to show and hide specs to have one design source of truth. Viewers need to be able to toggle layer visibility.

3 Likes

I need to create a plugin that works only in view mode!!! please allow us to do this :clap:

3 Likes

This would be great!

2 Likes

I can’t believe this is not an option already. I want to have a plugin where engineers can see the components used in a frame and code snippets based on our repository.

3 Likes

Is there any way to get traction on this? This would be invaluable for designers to effectively communicate with engineers that should only have view access. For example, using the Figma Tokens plugin.

8 Likes

We are also looking for a “viewer role” search function on text. Plugins are not available for viewers… Any update?

We are finally writing guidines, but without ctrl+f, its annoying for our readers.

6 Likes

Same here! I would love to use a plugin like Frontitude to push text changes in view-only mode. This feature would help so much! I’m a product designer looking for a way where other teams like sales/delivery can easily edit texts in Figma screens and add those to their client presentations.

2 Likes

Both developers and designers need search some text or color in a design file. I believe Figma own implementation is better than plugins.

2 Likes

Hi Figma team,

Any update on this matter? it seems a common need to have plugins available for viewers. It would be very appreciated to have an answer.

5 Likes

+1 on this, seemed logical to have view only first time I tried widget and got hyped about viewers being able to use it. But, after initial hype I was a bit down for not being interactive for viewers. Still, hope we’ll see this implemented in the future.

5 Likes

I had the exact same experience yesterday!

3 Likes

Ah, I thought I was doing something wrong. It seems sow logic viewers can interact with vote and poll widgets. This could be so powerfull for Figma!

3 Likes

+100500. This is a very obvious and immediately expected use case which is missing. Viewers can comment on the doc, thus viewers must also be able to do “+1s”, i.e. interact with widgets.

Otherwise widgets make no sense in our workflows! Given this implemented, widgets are an amazing addition that will bring LGTMs and reviews directly to our workflows.

Please allow viewer interaction with widgets.

4 Likes

+1 for this feature.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature.

2 Likes

+1

It would be cool if read-only users could use widgets e.g. for voting.

2 Likes

+1 for this feature.

2 Likes

+1 Plugins like Find In Page that allows you to do a text search would be very helpful for view only. I constantly have to ask my designers where specific designs are.

3 Likes

+1 for plugin access for viewers. Also +1 for being able to search

2 Likes