Please let me customize my default shape starting color & default font

I almost always immediately change a shape color to black when i make a new shape. I also hate having to hunt for a relevant font when i create a new textbox. I wish I could set a preference to black for default shape color and San Francisco (or Inter, or whichever font I’m using most) for new text boxes. This could be set globally and work well for me, or even on a project level for better context management, (though project level specification would be more for fonts than default shape color).

4 Likes

This is possible (but not globablly)

The current default font Roboto is very annoying because it’s not supported Asian languages.

I’d like to set the GLOBAL default font as some Japanese fonts, or it would be nice for me that the system default font will be set to the default.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

The default text behavior is maddening – font style info is retained but color is not. Why is color not? Color is also of course not part of text styles, is it is on many other design programs.

What is the vision behind making users select colors every single time they put text down? Or, what is the UX value of that? Or are you in the pocket of big #000000??

I spend quite a lot of time managing an Icon library. This also includes creation of new icons. There are so many features that are customizable by the user to improve their work flow and that is fantastic. I think it would be super helpful to allow users to have a custom default color when drawing shapes. Right now it is defaulting to a black and our current default theme is dark which means I need to change the color of every new shape I draw. I think it would be super useful if I could set my workflow to start with the color I need so I do not need to change it all the time.