Pinch-to-zoom unreliable

Happening to me as well, M1 MacBook Air.
Pinch-to-zoom working in other Mac apps perfectly fine.

1 Like

I’m also running into this problem. Macbook pro 2016. One workaround that fixed it was using command+(+/-) to zoom in and out and it started working again. Better than closing everything out - looking forward to a permanent fix!

2 Likes

Happens to me too occasionally. I find that putting my Mac into and out of sleep quickly is the most convenient way to fix it.

Thanks Joey - magic solution! Tedious, sure. But it worked!

macOS Setting → Trackpad → Pinch to Zoom → Change from enabled, to disabled, then back to enabled will fix it.

That worked for me too. Thank you :heart_eyes:

Regular frustrating problem for me too, multiple times a day and fairly random.

3 Likes

Also struggling with this issue unfortunately. Disable/Enable Pinch to Zoom works well for me but can’t wait for this bug to be fixed!

2 Likes

I’m also having the same issue. Would be amazing to have a fix, its definitely an obstacle to getting work done.

2 Likes

I experience this issue almost daily with both my rechargeable trackpad and built-in trackpad. MacOS 12.3.1. It’s such a pain, I can Zoom to the level of granularity that I need unless I use Command +, which uses a stepped system.

Please address this Figma team!

2 Likes

I’m on an M1 MBP 14". Experience this issue frequently throughout the day. It eventually either resolves itself on its own after some time, or I need to turn my trackpad off and back on again (i use an external magic trackpad).

1 Like

I have this issue now on a daily basis, and i’m wasting serious time with this… sometimes it takes minutes to get back, or I can restart the whole stuff, but this is ridicolous… Figma, please fix this!

1 Like

It’s getting worse. Now I encounter this issue every day.

1 Like

On a 16-inch MBP M1 Pro and running into this at least once or twice a day. Best fix I’ve found is disabling pinch-to-zoom in system preferences and then re-enabling. Would love to see a fix for this soon. It seems like a small thing but when you’re in flow it can be jarring.

Not really a solution, but if you “Figma > check for updates” the problem is solved for a while (some times you need to do it 2 times). But 3 times in one hour is really enough.

Please fix this @ Figma! :face_exhaling:

Same issue intermittently

1 Like

This issue is happening again on all my figma files.

1 Like

Fortunately I’ve never had this happen on MacOS.

The Windows bug for pinch zoom however was 100% terrible all the time.

Same here, very frustrating!

1 Like

I’ve been having this same issue for a few weeks now. Unlike some people, the issue was universal for me. Once I opened Figma and the bug occurred, I couldn’t zoom on browser, adobe apps, etc. I also had the bug happen when in Miro when Figma wasn’t even open, so I have a feeling it’s not a Figma specific issue for me, like Joe said.

I’m on a MBP and my quick solution has been to just close my computer and open it back up quick. Fixes it for me, but is a hassle.

Same problem here :confused:

1 Like