Override auto layout direction on the instances

Hello Figma!

I can not change the direction of the Autolayout on the instances of a component. I can not understand why such a great feature is disabled on the instances and why not allow us to overwrite it?

There are so many incidents that I would have wished to be able to change the direction of the Autolayout in the instances of the component but right now I have to create multiple variants. :frowning:

2 Likes

Here is an screenshot

Can’t believe nobody even commented on this. Can’t think of a reason why it’s disabled, please make this a feature.

It would be great to have this option.

I have to create a useless variant for every time I like to change the direction of the Autolayout. This effort could be saved if Figma allows the instance auto-layout direction overwrite.

As you can see in the below screenshot, I had to create a direction variant to be able to change the direction of the instance but the downside of this workaround is that I have multiple source of truth for the same component.

I agree with you guys, will be awesome to have this override enabled =(

I thought we would be enabled to override the instances after watching the Figcon yesterday. It is such a tiny feature request but it has a lot of impact on my design workflow.