LAUNCHED: Wrap elements in Auto Layout to multiple lines

How is Framer these days? I used it back when you had to write everything in CoffeeScript. Figma’s strength is wire-framing, but its prototyping is almost useless. I’m guessing that Framer is great for prototyping. How is it for wire-framing?

Much better and more UI-led than it used to be. Still has a few bugs and minor niggles but they are definitely pushing in the right direction… out-pacing figma by far on new decent features

+1
2 years and no news? Come on guys, pleas unleash the Flex Wrap :wink:

2 Likes

+1
please add this feature

1 Like

+1 here. It would definitely help to make components more sharable across different viewports without having to break layout. Please get it done, Figma folks!

1 Like

It’s because Framer is built on HTML/CSS rendering and not a custom renderer the way Figma is. The benefit to Figma is better rendering performance for very large pages and some complex object stuff the web can’t do easily, however it also means they have to recreate all the ways CSS behaves from scratch. Framer on the other hand just has to built a UI and logic around applying existing basic CSS stuff like flex-wrap or grid.

There are benefits and downsides to both, but Framer and Plasmic and Webflow and other CSS based design tools will always have a lot of these features more easily than Figma will.

3 Likes

Definitely need this! +1

Would be a great addition! +1

Is there any traction on this feature? I’ve run into several cases now where I have to re-think a component due to Figma’s inability to do this.

Based on this tweet the Figma team is working on the feature. Unfortunately, we don’t know if it will be shipped or if yes, when. :frowning:

1 Like

Why are you posting this as if you would give the solution, if you are not going to? @Mr.Biscuit

+1 from our team :goggles:

+1 got multiple use cases aside from the obvious responsive behaviour. simulating text-wrapping in an IDE

+1 from our team as well.

+1 we need this too !

+! :pray: :pray: :pray: please!

This is a must-have feature! Figma does not fully support flex layout yet.

great news gang, they are working on this! release date is not set nor can be promised.

2 Likes

Sadly I don’t think that tweet is legitimate. Though the account claims to show leaked enhancements for various platforms, it looks to me like they’re just mock-ups he’s putting together.

1 Like

please make it happen

1 Like