Remove Leaving Figma External Link Warning for anyone without an account/not logged in

Im creating a prototype and would like to link to live pages on our site without having the User in the test have to see the “Leaving Figma Warning” page. My concern is that it takes it breaks the illusion of an actual experience.

Is there a way remove this middle page from the experience?

20 Likes

The message created notable friction (annoyed) for a top executive at Fortune 100 company when he was reviewing the prototype. And the checkbox is really small with low contrast gray text.
Not a deal breaker, but reducing friction and anxiety is a key part of our jobs :slight_smile:

7 Likes

It’s a security feature made to prevent phishing, you can’t remove it.

1 Like

Ok. but perhaps they can move it to the beginning of the prototype or something? Ill prototype something up. LOL

1 Like

This creates a terrible experience when using prototypes for user testing especially as it isn’t optimised for mobile.

11 Likes

I’m in the same boat here. I have a big (fortune 100 client) who is needing to run tests with users next week on mobile and the “Leaving Figma External Link” is not readable on Mobile…help!! What can I do to get rid of this link check?

2 Likes

I can confirm that this is REALLY annoying the way it is treated right now. I understand the need for security and/or a warning, but…

1. Impossible to read on mobile.
  2. Completely breaks the testing experience when transitioning from prototype to live site.

There has got to be a better solution for this.

1 Like

Hey Doug, I’m having the same problem, I was planning to run the usability test on Maze, however because the user is kicked out of Figma I’m not able to test out the rest of the experience! I was wondering if you’ve got any solutions yet?!

I haven’t hear anything @Nasim but it is a distraction still.

1 Like

Is there a way to add an external links to a prototype without going through the screen with the checkbox?

1 Like

I’m curious - why Invision prototypes can link to external pages without having a warning page?

1 Like

I don’t know, maybe they are not that worried about their users.

1 Like

I understand the need for security.
What about moving the notification to beginning and state this experience contains links that may lead you outside of the prototype?
At least then the experience wouldn’t feel disjointed.

2 Likes

Hey all, thanks for your feedback here. We’ve removed the interstitial here when navigating to external links in both Figma and FigJam!

Hey @Josh, when following an external link from Presentation view, the intermediate screen still exists.

2 Likes

Hey @tank666,

This will only show for the 1st click through, but there will be an option to “Don’t show this next time” that you can check.

1 Like

That is, on a user test, this intermediate screen will still be displayed until the user himself checks this item for the specified domain.

1 Like

Hey @tank666 thanks for reporting. We’re taking a closer look here

1 Like

Alright, we were able to dig into this and confirm that right now this will only work in the browser. The desktop app will still show the interstitial for now. The team is looking into this though, so we appreciate the feedback! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hey @Josh
It doesnt work in a browser with a shared link prototype either. Using Chrome on Mac.

1 Like