Export to CMYK

I want to be able to export designs in PDF for print (CMYK/Hi-resolution)

For now, I was using the plugin TinyImage Compressor but it’s no longer free and I don’t understand why Figma can have this option on it’s own. I’d have to pay $456 a year.
If Figma has paper sizes, why don’t they have this option… you can’t print quality good quality colors in RGB. I’m going to have to go back to Adobe for print files.

Is this happening to anyone else?

49 Likes

Totally agree, I work with Printed Cards for board games and FIGMA is perfect for it.

4 Likes

I Love figma. Wishing to add CMYK for this Christmas :slight_smile:

10 Likes

CMYK conversions from RGB can be quite “muddy.” I’d love this feature, IF Figma bundled conversion ramps in with a feature, offering “preview” choices before the conversion is executed—but I fear Adobe may have that stuff patented.

2 Likes

I would recommended to leave everything in RGB and convert to CMYK while printing, using printing drivers or whatever app is responsible. See long explanation below.

For a start let me clarify that Figma does not technically support color management. It is always sRGB for web, sRGB or Unmanaged on macOS. Latter is just whatever system decides, but likely your default display profile is used.

sRGB is considerably more limited in gamut compared to CMYK. You are trying to convert from something with limited number of colors to something that potentially displays significantly more of them but not all (sic). And so there are multiple legitimate options doing so, but many will be not best. Likely the worst unless… Unless you know the exact profile of printer you are going to print with.

That’s what color management is typically is. When you work in publishing you work with display that is specifically calibrated for its room. Using this profile and original file color profile system shows you best approximation of what you are going to get in print from your printer. Well, that’s ideal case.

Without proper color management it is the best to leave conversion from RGB to CMYK to printer itself. If you sending it to professional printing house, let them do it. For example professional photo printers actually have more than four colors. Beside Cyan, Yellow, Magenta, blacK they can have few grays, light yellow and light cyan at their disposal. Whatever conversion to CMYK you use it would end up duller then what printer itself will calculate.

7 Likes

Bro also need Inches Option

3 Likes

This would be nice

Figma is an amazing design tool. Would be great to add the ability to use it for print, as well as screen design.

4 Likes

I know color spaces are probably so complicated but it’d be SO wonderful to be able to use Figma for print pieces, especially when making templates for clients!

1 Like

Bumping this for the year 2022

And mm would be good

1 Like

Still waiting on this feature.

Still waiting for this

It can be done using the TinyImage Compressor plugin, as explained in this video.

1 Like

I want this so badly!

This would be helpful to convert digital templates to ready to print files for clients

Hi everyone !
I’m designing flyer and posters that I want to print. I think it would be great to be able to display the color in CMYK mode to get a high-fidelity rendering of what will be printed. For now I’m obliged to switch back to Illustrator to do so :frowning:
Tell me what you think !

Also badly want this. Designing labels in Figma is so much easier than Adobe Illustrator - the only thing missing is the CMYK export. Yes it’s possible with 3rd party plugins but it’s cumbersome and costs almost as much as an AI license.

1 Like

Also waiting for this feature. Going back & forth to InDesign isn’t fun. I’d like to only use Figma for printing, but that’s not possible yet.

2 Likes

waiting for this feature

1 Like