Enable Assets search only for enabled libraries

Any update on this thing? It been started since 2021 with 150+ vote. How many more they need to take action in general?

1 Like

yeah this needs to be implemented

Part of the problem is that the results don’t show which library they come from so you will see little thumbnails of similar components but can’t choose the most recent library. It’s normal to have an old version of something in a new design file for reference but that automatically forces you to include the old library in the search results. It basically makes the search unusable. You have to go to the design library file or pick from the Asset hierarchy list to be sure what you are getting.

“All Libraries” seems to be the default search parameter. When you do search it seems to first show results from only the libraries you have enabled.

The issue is it won’t show all the results from your selected libraries. I have tested this and when I select only the specific library it shows more results, but when I select “All libraries” it doesn’t show as many results and instead starts showing results from other libraries called “Showing results from all libraries”.

I am not sure why it decides to only show a few results before showing other libraries you don’t even have turned on. It should show all the results from your current libraries before showing other libraries that aren’t turn on.