LAUNCHED: Mind Maps in FigJam! :)

Hey! It would be really nice to have a mindmap feature.

14 Likes

Not what i meant. I mean something like this:

8 Likes

Oh, I misread the title. You can already create mindmaps in FigJam, like in this example:

You can also use shapes and press Cmd/Ctrl + Enter while editing to automatically create the next shape and the connection. It is not distributed automatically but still can be useful.

3 Likes

Nowadays we use Miro and Whimsical on my design team.

Miro kindoff do almost everything we need, but his mindmap are just terible.
You could do some features like his, Wireframe, mindmap, voting, etc…

ps: Mindmaping on Whimsical is just amazing, please consider make some like that

7 Likes

Hi,
im trying to use the jamboard but im heavily missing the feature of quickly and easily creating tree structures like mindmaps or site maps.
There are a lot of tools doing this. Miro does quite a good job.
Implementing a feature like this would really help to consider working with the jamboard an option.

7 Likes

Me too. Hope to see them in a future release. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

If you add mind mapping to Figma Jamboards I can ditch Whimsical and use Figma exclusively. Please make it happen!

12 Likes

Hello everyone!

Figjam is amazing and I will enjoy it a lot if we have this feature available!
Even with some templates, like Gleb share with us, I think that is not useful enough. In my opinion, I spend a precious time trying to align everything. If we had some functionality that adds ramifications automatically, like other tools we have available, would be a huge help and the process of building a mindmap would be a million times more agile, pleasurable, and efficient :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

Miro is a great example!

Please, make it happen! :pray:

2 Likes

I’d also very much appreciate the ability to:

• expand and collapse branches
  • link items to pages in a figma file or external link
7 Likes

Please :pray: add mindmap

I feel like a bunch of us want to replace Miro, Whimsical and for me even Lucid Charts. The drawings tools in Figma seem to be what brings us all together, but adding some more features to remove the need of these other tools would make my life so much happier, seem the same for others.

I know we can manual get around making some of these charts like Mindmaps, but having the mindmap workflow (which is based around quick and fluid mapping) would change it from possible to a good user experience.

Loving figjam, thank you. :raised_hands: Coming here to echo the request for collapse expand a node and all children following…that’s been one of the best parts of mindnode and mindmanager in the past for me and if figjam got it I’d be over the moon. Keep wondering if miro will beat figjam to this or not.

Hey FigJam / Figma team,

It would be amazing if we could get a slightly improved Mind Mapping tool that operated similar to most other mind-mapping tools so I can have team-mates jump in as we try to become Figma only.

Mindmapping improvements:

*** Node based CSV architecture.** Currently you can’t exactly move nodes and dependencies and do fast and easy IA changes without getting clunky and dealing with connectors.
*** Keyboard support.** This is really critical to getting into the flow of just architecting hierarchy. Going back and forth with copy pasting nodes with a mouse and then going to edit text fields or widgets is super tedious. The Sitemap plugin is a great example of a stand-in here but really frustrating to edit.

Keyboard commands

• Tab - Create a Child node
  • Enter or Ctrl Enter - Create a Sibling node
  • Shift Tab - Create a parent node
  • Up Arrow - Nav UP a node
  • Down Arrow - Nav DOWN a node
  • Left or Right Arrow - Nav ACROSS siblings

Additional support such as node styling, text styling, or CSV export is super low priority.

This is definitely one of those “one reasons” I keep MIRO in my tool kit.

Great comparisons:

• Miro
  • iThoughtsX

:pray: Thanks for this great tool thought. The social collaboration is best in class!

4 Likes

Agreed! I hadn’t thought of the keyboard nav part of it, which is super cool

Something like this, you think? A collapsible directed graph of nodes? twitter. com/jamiegraydesign/status/1171157541063135232

( sorry they won’t let me link that url, I assume it’s because I just created my account a few minutes ago lol )

Creating a mind map isn’t quite seamless in FigJam. The foundation is there and I’d love to see improvement in that area especially creating subgroups to brainstorm ideas rapidly.

8 Likes

I have started a new topic, trying to present a cleaner format to try to clean up this topic, please check it out and let me know what you think…

I can’t include links so here is the title to search for:

FigJam - Mind Mapping Improvements - Feature Requests

I would like to start a topic where we can introduce FigJam - Mind Mapping Improvements - Feature Requests.
I am new to the forum so this will probably take a little fine tuning moving forward.

Please Add your feature request to the thread (1 per reply to keep it clean),
(Please review the thread to avoid duplicate requests so we can have an accurate vote),
or vote for an existing request.

If there is an official feature request channel within support,
I don’t know of it… enlighten me.

Node (tree/branch) collapsing

1 Like

Better keyboard accessibility