3 Column Layout: 1col = 1/3 and 1 col 2/3 width

Hi,

I’m wondering if anyone figured out how to have a frame that adapts to the height of the content but respects the grid?

This is what I’m trying to achieve:

Hey Schaltza, thank you for reaching out!

Layout grids provide visual structure to designs. But I’d recommend to make the frame resize to its content. Is this what you’re trying to achieve?

The screenshots are from Figma’s Auto Layout Playground File:

https://www.figma.com/file/n8B6GlYnwGqb8mTI3hJ6vB/Figma-auto-layout-playground-(Com[…]type=design&node-id=1620-2499&mode=design&t=sGZFXpBb9qnbRFnY-0

Hi Gayani,

No this is not what I’m trying to achieve.

I need a 3 column layout where one piece of content takes 1/3rd of the width and the second 2/3rds. I can do this with a regular frame using 3 col grid, however when the content in the 2/3 becomes too big for the width, the height of the frame does not adapt to the content. If I use the autolayout frame I can’t get the 1/3, 2/3 layout. It’s a known problem of Figma and I’m reaching out to the community if anyone knows of the work around.

Thanks for your help.

Got it, thank you for clarifying! I’ve asked internally for any workarounds here. I’ll update you soon.

Unfortunately, I was not able to get a good workaround here from the team, apologies for this! I hope the community will have a better solution for you.