Smart Animation Not Working

I created an loading circle component, and placed it in my design. When I start the prototype from that flow, nothing happens, even though I have the component variants set with smart animate. I was following a tutorial and thought I did it perfectly. I read that this issue is possibly related to the latest update in Figma. Has anyone experienced this

1 Like

I need to know how you’ve made the animation to be able to answer this. Can you explain or share a screenshot or design file?

1 Like

Hi Avokadomos! Thank you for your reply.

I have these three states, and it set to smart animate from 1 to 2, 2 to 3, and then 3 back to 1. But when I run the prototype, it should look like it’s spinning but it doesn’t do anything. Please let me know if you have a solution or if you need more info from me, much appreciated!

I don’t see anything wrong in the screenshot. Make sure you’ve placed it as a component instance in your frame, and not just one of the variants.

I made another prototype that you can inspect in Figma:

3 Likes

That looks great. Yes, I believe I am using it as a component in my frame. It was dragged from the assets on the left.

Try my component and see if it works for you, and check if there are discrepancies between our designs. You can also try pressing R in presentation mode to restart the presentation. It might trigger the animation to start.

If you still can’t figure it out, please share your design file so that I can have a look at it.

1 Like

Looking at your component vs mine helped. I see that my problem was I was setting the instance to be rotated instead of the actual ellipse itself. Everything seems to be working now, thank you so much!

1 Like

I’m glad you figured it out! Consider clicking the checkbox under my previous comment to mark your topic as solved. Have a nice day!

1 Like

hello, im having the same animation not working, I’ve tried the mentioned method and its still not working, Is it a bug?

1 Like

It’s difficult to know without further information. Can you share a design file that showcases the issue?

I am having the same issue. The animations doesn’t start. The shared example also doesn’t start when I play the prototype. Any help or suggestion will be greatly appreciated.

1 Like

It’s hard to tell by the screenshot. All variants look the same, so could be that there just isn’t anything to animate. I assume that the circles are supposed to expand like water ripples. Make sure all layers are named the same, and that they have the same structure in all variants in order for smart animate to recognize them.

facing same error
and i can’t understand what is the problem

I’m gonna need one of you guys to share your design file to figure our what’s happening here.

1 Like

do you have a tutorial
if yes please share link

i got the solution
solution is we rotaes full or frame
we only need to rotate that circle not frame

4 Likes

Thanks worked now!

1 Like

Solved the same issue I was getting. was not rotating the circles

Hey having a similar issues but not exactly the same, related to a moving background.
When they are separated variants it works fine, but when you convine them as variants they stop being recognized as similar layers.
E.g. I have a layer called blue in each one thst moves atound, this is no longer recognized as the same

Are you able to share your design, so I can look into the issue that you’re having?