Show/hide UI shortcut is different to displayed

Hey both,
Thanks for the details!
Our team is investigating a recent increase in reports of issues with this shortcut in the desktop app for users using MacOS Sonoma.

Additionally, kindly ensure that both your desktop operating system and Figma application are up to date with the latest versions. Please let us know which version you are currently using.
@Benny_Stuhler @Kasper_Borgbjerg Can you confirm which device type (and OS Version if you are on Mac) are you using? You can find it by clicking in your menu in the top left the apple logo > About this Mac > A window will pop up

Here below, the macOS is Sonoma 14.3.1:

Is it happening in browser, desktop app or both?

Also, one more question to @Kasper_Borgbjerg : does the key “Command +” works on your end as others said previously?

This will help us to have more additional contexts to our open bug report (if it only affects MacOS Sonoma or not). And, we will let you know once we have any updates.

In the meantime, as a workaround you can try using the “<>” keys to show/hide the UI.

Thank you for your patience while the team investigates further!

Hi Celine,

This happens for me in all browsers and the desktop app
My device is a 16 inch 2023 Apple M2 Pro running Mac OS Sonoma Version 14.3.1 (23D60)
I am using a detected UK MacBook Keyboard, which is correct as my MacBook is a UK MacBook with UK keyboard layout

The shortcuts display tells me that the show/hide UI shortcut is “§”, which worked until last Friday

The actual keyboard shortcut Is “command + .”

1 Like

Apple M1 Pro
Sonoma 14.2.1

the “<>” works as well as “Cmd .”
again I have a Norwegian keyboard

1 Like

Thanks for all the details, I add in our bug report!
@Kasper_Borgbjerg is it happening only in your desktop app, browser or both?

I’m using the built-in AZERTY keyboard of the macbook

Same problem here with a French AZERTY keyboard layout.
It still appears in essential shortcuts though

Capture d’écran 2024-03-20 à 08.37.20

I got a mail from the technical support team stating it’s a bug they are currently aware of and trying to solve. In the meantime, they told me keys “< / >” can be used to hide/show the UI (At least in my case, native Spanish keyboard, the workaround is functioning now).

2 Likes

Hi, this shortcut isn’t working again since the latest update.

20 March 2024. Show / Hide UI shortcut (@) isn’t working.

Echoing what @Oliver15 posted.

I have two macs with different versions of Figma, on version 116.17.11 it isn’t working and on version 116.16.14 it is working.

I do have the same problem in the Desktop app (on the Web version it works).
It is not working in any combination of Keyboard layout and keys.
I’m on a Mac with OS - Sonoma 14.3.1 and Figma version 116.17.11

Hi everyone,
Thanks for flagging this! Our engineering team is aware of this issue. They are actively working on a fix.
We will let you know when a fix will be deployed. Thanks for your patience in the meantime!

(PS. I’ve gone ahead and merged this topic with a similar one, so it will be easier to follow up this issue here:
Show/hide UI shortcut is different to displayed )

Thanks for the tip, it also works on french AZERTY keyboard

Hi everyone,

To give you an update, these layouts have been updated and should work on your end now:

• French AZERTY
  • UK Mac
  • Swedish
  • Spanish
  • Spanish LATAM
  • German

The engineering team is still working on others.

If you are still seeing issues, please follow these steps:

1. Restart the app / Refresh
  2. Make sure you have the right layout selected via the help menu

Thank you for your patience while the engineering team is working on it!

2 Likes