Set decimal places in number variables

Currently you can set things like, 5.99 or 4.32 but you can’t show 5.00 by default.

This looks weird when you start adding amounts like #amount + 0.5 which will then look like $5, $5.50, $6, $6.50. It would be nice if instead it showed as $5.00, $5.50, $6.00, $6.50

12 Likes

ye I think a lot of users are using this feature to update their “CART” in terms of subtotal. A support of 2 decimal points would be great

4 Likes

I have almost the same issue, but I’d like to show temperatures with 1 decimal point, like 16.5ºC, but it only shows 16.50, it looks weird in this context.

4 Likes

Yes please :slight_smile: We would all benefit greatly from having decimal places for whole numbers. Especially when talking money, $5.00 reads better than $5

3 Likes

+1!

If no decimal is in the variable it shows an integer…
If there’s one decimal in the variable it always shows two decimal places. I would like to pick! :innocent:

2 Likes

Same here.

I was trying to prototype a number picker with 0.5 increments/decrements and have given up. This on top of Figma switching out the font when you link a text layer to a variable :man_facepalming:t2:

Please add the ability to pick the number of decimal places pronto.

+1 for this request! Considering most people will use number variables for things like pricing, we need a way to set the default format. Something like what you can do in Excel for example:

7 Likes

@victoria.souza have you been able to figure a work around this? I’m currently designing a counter and I also just need a single decimal point output. Thx! :slight_smile:

I didn’t :frowning: best I could do was transforming texts into outlines and applying the same logic I would if I was dealing with variable images. This way it also doesn’t mess up my custom fonts (which is another bug in this feature!). If you think this could help you, give it a try!

1 Like

Thanks @victoria.souza , unfortunately as soon as the text is transformed to outlines, it renders the ability of using number variables useless…

Customization of number of float numbers allowed while using conditionals. Two decimals won’t always satisfy design needs of specific industries.

I agree with this idea as well. Not only that, but also when having numbers over 999.99 for dollar amounts. Once 1,000 is hit, the comma is not included in this either. Making number variables helpful to calculate the next amount, but unfortunately not for displaying purposes.

2 Likes

+1 to this! Initially I was wondering if Variables were meant to be used in this manner (AKA simulating adding to cart for prototypes and such) but I guess even if it wasn’t the initial intention, maybe this can be added as an improvement? :slight_smile:

There’s a similar request for commas that should be merged with this one. Definitely need to format numbers.

1 Like

I agree. I have the same problem here. I would like to set the booking fee to $5.00, but it only displays $5. It looks weird when all the other items in the cart are displayed with 2 digits after the dot.

This would be great. And also it would be great to have the ability to choose between 1,000.00 and 1.000,00 formatting.

1 Like

Please we need it !!!

Same issue here, please add formatting capabilities :pray:

Came to see if there was some workaround and found this. Current implementation with trailing zeros not allowed seems more like a bug than a feature.

Hi there! Thank you so much for sharing your thoughts on number variables. I completely understand how having them would be really helpful.
Our team is always looking for ways to improve and expand, so we really value your input. We can’t wait to see how the community responds to this!

Please feel free to vote up and comment!

Thanks again!

1 Like

Same here,

FIGMA do something!..We need more than 2 decimals in number variables.

Thank you very much.