Prototype consistently going to wrong component variant

I have a component with a button that should swap the component from variant 1 to variant 3. For some unknown reason, it swaps it to variant 2… Even when I completely remove all interactions from the button so nothing should be happening. I’ve rebuilt the interactions several times to no avail.

After repeating the same steps over and over and over, it finally works as expected.
It is beyond frustrating that something that should take 5 mins has taken several hours, especially when I can’t figure out what the hell was going on so I have no way to avoid this in the future.

Would you share a link or a video to your situation

The problem probably occurs due to layer naming or other instances in your variant

Thanks but clearly not as it now works without having changed anything other than repeatedly setting up the exact same interactions over and over.