SOLVED - Preserve Scroll Position (please roll back the feature)

Seems that solution is that frames must have same name, and then by default scroll position will be reserved.

3 Likes

Thanks for suggesting this fix, that seems to be helping for now. But I would expect the preserve scroll option to be brought back as an option, this took a few hours to figure out!

2 Likes

I have my frames/objects named the same between top-level frames, and they show up as the same object when I select an object in one of the top-level frames (indicated by purple outline on object in each top-level frame), but the scroll position isn’t being preserved properly when navigating back and forth - jumps several pixels in each direction. This worked much better in previous state management. Hope they fix this soon.

2 Likes

Hi all,
Thanks for reaching out about this and our apologies for the disruption!

It sounds like you’ve run into some issues related to the limitations with the new State management for prototypes update, and for most users this is because the layers do not share matching names. In order for top level frames to share scroll state, they need to have matching names according to this rule.
=> Tips: for the frame naming, you can have different names but need to be identical before the ‘/’. (cf. screenshot)

If you are still running into issues after trying this, please reach out our technical team here.
Please also make sure to use your Figma account email, including a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com as an editor on this file so the team can take a closer look.

Thank you!

2 Likes

I added them to my file, in there you can see on the “C/Services Active” flow the frames are named the same but will still have the scrolling position reset in the prototype :frowning:

1 Like

Hi @tahannas ,
I can’t see your ticket in the backend. (feel free to share via DM the email you have sent your request, so I can double check :slight_smile:).
Friendly reminder: please make sure to use your Figma account email, including a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com when you reach out to the support team directly via this form for help: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new , so they can investigate. Thank you!

1 Like

I am seeing the same issue, very annoying, has broken prototypes that were working perfectly.

Tried the same naming of frames as suggested and it still doesn’t work!

Please, please provide a fix asap!!

3 Likes

Same issue here. Frames have identical names and highlighted. But scroll position does not preserve.
Please fix it or roll back.

2 Likes

Only works if EVERY frame is the same. And I don’t like using frames within my designs (ie: button, dropdown, etc). Only for screens.

Why would you make this functionality only work if every frame is the same? What if I have 100 screens/frames in a prototype and instead of. wanting to link the screens on the design board, I’d rather choose the screen name in the prototype dropdown. I can’t do that because EVERY SCREEN HAS THE SAME NAME!

5 Likes

Try this.

1. Artboard should same file name.
  2. Uncheck reset scroll position
  3. Link your page
  4. Good Luck!
2 Likes

@Figma_Support This is a disaster!! Roll back “preserve scroll position”
This new feature is not working at all. Have tried all kinds of tips and trix.

11 Likes

@Design Yes, if every page in my design is in a frame and has the same name then it works but that doesn’t make any sense to have it function that way.

4 Likes

Agreed, there’s clearly a bug here, no scrolling state is preserved with the new state management feature despite naming frames the same.

I’ve tried everything, as it seems everyone else has!

Please fix asap

2 Likes

Having the same issue. this is terrible. please fix this @Figma_Support

2 Likes

it’s not helpful if you have a bunch of frames that should be named the same according to this solution…

2 Likes

This new update has caused a lot of problem with scroll position for me, no matter if I use Smart Animate or Instant. It used to work very well before the update so this really feels like a downgrade. I hope it gets fixed in some way to work better because this has been frustrating.

3 Likes

Same here, the “reset States” options are unchecked, but still the scroll position isn’t preserved. The prototype worked fine before the update, is there a fix for this issue yet?

2 Likes

Please fix this, it’s so annoying. I can present a prototype like this to my client and much less run user testing with these bugs.

2 Likes

Same issue here! I tried naming the top layers the same, but it isn’t working. Please revert back!

So glad I’m not alone here! I can’t get preserve scroll position to come back no matter what I’ve tried. Please fix this bug immediately. Very disappointing.

1 Like