Plugin for viewers

Hello!
I ran into a problem that I could not find in your help. There is a Status Annotation plugin, it is very well for work’s control. I make a design for a client, and he’s could control the process with this plugin. But he’s a manager, not a designer. The client usually acts as a viewer, not an editor. This is done so that he cannot spoil anything in the design. But the viewers doesn’t have access to the plugin. Plugins can only be used by editors.

Could you make plugins available for viewers? It will be so usefull.

Thanks

70 Likes

Yes, I need use my plugin in view-only mode for my coding needs. It’s not possible, what a shame. :frowning:
Please add this feature. Plugins that don’t modify document at all can easily run in view-only mode.

13 Likes

+999999999999999999999999999 Agree!!!
also developer same!!!

10 Likes

Need export plugins as viewer too. I, as developer need export images in specific format available through plugin, but plugin in not available in View only mode…

8 Likes

Yes, it’s a pity & a headache that us non-editors, cannot even do something as simple as search for text within designs that were shared with us, simply because ‘Find text’ is a plugin & NOT an essential part of the software itself! :expressionless:

6 Likes

I have a plugin that turns spec layer info on and off which is useful for developers who want to see the design with and without it but not possible without access to this plugin :expressionless:

1 Like

You can save a local copy of the layout. And then export it to the fig. Then all plugins are available

You can duplicate the file to your draft and use it from there

3 Likes

+999999999999999999999999999
I need this feature,for my developer to know some design infomation

3 Likes

+999999999999! Need developers to be able to access SVG Export plug-ins and Status Annotation plug-ins.

3 Likes

Need this feature!! +999999999999999999

2 Likes

We need it too!!! It will good for plugins community too.

2 Likes

Yes that would be necessary for us too, developers should be able to download their own assets for android/ios etc. without needing me to do that for every asset

2 Likes

Totally agree! Developers are usually given viewer access and they want to use plugins for exporting assets. Please support plugins for viewers too!

2 Likes

Yes! Allowing plugins in view only mode would be really helpful for the developers I work with, especially for Android and iOS.

2 Likes

As a developer, I have view-only access. I need to use Text Search plugin for quick design lookup. Definitely bring this feature please!

5 Likes

+. Or add a context search feature.

4 Likes

+1. There are plenty of plugins that are technically “view/inspect/export” only. They should be free to use for viewers. As it stands, it is way more risky to give full Edit rights to everybody.

3 Likes

+1. Most developers are only given view access to figma files.

3 Likes

I can second that. :pinched_fingers:
When I have view access to large files with styleguide components I’m often lost when I need to find a specific element again that I remember by its name or content, but not by its location.
I don’t understand why I can’t simply search in the file and why “search” is not a native part of the app. However, viewer Plugins would be really useful anyways.

4 Likes