Objects over auto-layout not showing in prototype or mirroring

I have a design done with auto-layout. When I place an ‘always-on-top’ icon menu at the bottom of the design over the auto-layout design, it doesn’t show up during preview or mirroring.

I use the hold Spacebar to place the icon menu.

Is there a way I am supposed to be doing this, to make this show up during preview?

Thanks for any feedback

Hard to say what could be wrong without the file link. The only reason I can think of is the objects are not inside of the frame — in the layers panel make sure they belong to the frame you are presenting.

Facing the same issue. It looks like all my previous files having grid layout not showing in the presentation mode any more.

Got this issue but with entire screens. I’ve arranged my screens in an auto-layout frame but cannot link to them with prototype actions. I also can’t manually select the frame from the dropdown.
bug

Hi @Matt_W, thanks for the post. Are you attempting to connect to a nested frame? If so, unfortunately, this feature is currently unavailable.

However, some community members have suggested a workaround for this, which you might find valuable. You can explore the discussion here: Creating a connection to a nested frame - #5 by MattyH.

Additionally, there is a feature request post for this, and you can show your support by upvoting it here: Link to nested frames.

I hope these help but please let us know if you have further questions!

Thanks,
toku