My Prototype is running very slow/ laggy on Figma Mobile app/ Mirroring

I’m working on some mobile app mockups with very few frames in the prototype trying to test a few gestures. When I load it onto my phone using the mobile app it runs very poorly. I thought it might be image sizes so I compressed them by exporting them at the right size and still terrible performance. Then I removed the images entirely and just used vector shapes, still awful.

I am running it on a Pixel 7 Pro with the app updated. I have deleted and redownloaded the app and used new files with just simple frames. Nothing seems to make the Figma app work well.

Is there a better way to test mobile gestures on a device with touch?

PS. I saw other topics like this one Here that is very similar to my issues from a year ago with no solutions.

7 Likes

Same here, the prototype works fine on laptop but is very janky on mobile app. My phone is OnePlus 7T. Its really frustrating because mobile apps are supposed to be prototyped best on mobile. Have you found a solution by now?

2 Likes

Got the same problem i have oppo and its supper laggy on my mobile and i dont have any idea how to make it running smooth if you do get any solution do let know

Hi everyone,
As a workaround, can you check that your phone’s version is up to date and see if the issue persists after updating to the latest version?
In general, many users report that upgrading their phone’s version helps to improve mobile loading.

For Android, update the Android System Webview on your device to the latest version. Then restart your device, and open the Figma mobile app.

If you are still having issues, feel free to reach out directly to the support team so they can take a look here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I am on the latest version of Android 14 and am still having this issue on my Pixel 7 Pro

On a S23 Ultra, looks like it’s a problem with the application unable to utilize the available GPU cores or something related to resources. When a frame with more than 20+ appears it slows down.

1 Like

Hi everyone, sorry to hear you are also having issue! This can be a specific issue on your end. As said, it would be great if you can reach out to the support team directly so we can investigate further: here Thank you!

I have the same problem((

Hey @Celine_Figma, I also encountered this issue.

Prototypes on Figma Android run slow; I am unsure what is causing this issue, as I have also removed the images that could affect the prototype’s rendering speed. However, I still encounter this issue. I am happy to provide access to the file containing the prototype used.

• Rav

Hey Rav,
Thank you for flagging this. Please reach out to our support team directly and mention the steps you have done: here.

Please include your Figma account email, a link to the file, and share it with support-share@figma.com so they can investigate further. Thank you!

1 Like

@Celine_Figma I already have thanks

1 Like

Hi @Celine_Figma. I’m having this low performance issue with my prototype on Android devices. Have tried in different Android devices in the US and Europe, with and without the app. The performance is bad in all cases. Since it is a while since the last reply, is there a know solution for this issue?

Hey @Gustavo4 ,
Unfortunately, not at this moment. As a first troubleshooting, please try to restart your device, and delete and reinstall the Figma app.

It is a known issue that our engineering team is still working on it – though I can’t guarantee an ETA for any improvements. It would be great if you can also reach out directly to the support team so we can collect some data to investigate further by filling this form here.

Be sure to use your Figma account email, include a short video (screen recording) from your mobile device (please include the whole window) and share the specs of the mobile phone and app (OS and version) so they can take a closer look. Thank you!