Make removing a plugin easier

With the plugin updates, it’s been made incredibly difficult to remove a plugin. There used to be a Manage Plugins under the Figma Icon > Plugins, now that’s gone. I think there was a Manage Plugins under the top Plugins actions on Desktop, now that’s gone. And within the plugin/widget icon, my settings keep going to ‘Recents’ which only have a ‘Run’ option.

Only using the plugin/widget icon, then changing the dropdown to ‘Installed’ then the 3-dot kabob menu seems like the only way. And it’s very difficult to find!

Bring back Manage Plugins or Uninstall at a more easily viewed level, like in the Plugins actions or master Figma actions please!

3 Likes

From the Editor
Resources (Shift + I)PluginsInstalled

From the File Browser
Profile menuPlugins

From the Desktop App (Windows)
Additional menuPluginsManage Plugins…

Thanks for tagging the spots where it is @tank666 . I still find from the Editor
Resources (Shift + I)PluginsInstalled and from the File Browser
Profile menuPlugins very un-intuitive, and difficult ways to find it.

@tank666 I’m not sure where “From the Desktop App (Windows)
Additional menuPluginsManage Plugins…” is supposed to be. Is that the Figma icon menu on the desktop app? I don’t see it there on mine (Mac Desktop App)

There used to be an much closer, direct, related option in the top Menu bar > Plugins menu, and Figma icon > Plugins but that’s gone now. I’d propose to bring it back.

Screenshot attached showing expanded menus for Figma icon > Plugins > Installed and Menu bar > Plugins > Installed. Note there’s no manage or uninstall options.

2 Likes

The Additional menu on Windows is located next to the application window control buttons.
manage-plugins

I checked this menu and the “Manage Plugins…” item only appears when you are in the File Browser tab. When you are on the file tab, this item is not there.

Thanks @tank666, I checked on Mac and that’s not in the Mac menu structure at all. Not on File Browser tab, or on File tab.

Thanks for checking it, and the screenshot! Looks like Windows app has an edge over Mac app in this one.

1 Like

Plugins don’t always work, often they do not deliver what is promised, almost anyone can make one and they often require personal information to be activated. The Figma experience can quickly become a losing battle if it surrenders to the inferiority of obsolete plugins. Is Figma becoming too big and in danger of being the next hated but forcibly used ‘WordPress’ solution? Why make it so difficult to remove a plugin? Why remove the manage plugin option? Why go to the effort of prioritizing makers of plugins over the end-user experience? Is Figma becoming a marketplace for developers? I thought the success of Figma was due to their focus on Designers as the key audience.

Yeah they just need to add a star icon near every plugin so you can quickly save or remove it from favorites.

1 Like

More than managing my favorite plugins, I need the basic ability to remove/uninstall plugins from the Top Menu Bar > Plugins, or Figma Toolbar > Plugins. Where it’s obscured away now is very hard to find, use, and very poor UX.

1 Like

How do I get to Manage Plugins using the Mac Figma application? I’ve tried all the locations mentioned above and still don’t see it. I’m having a lot problems with the Miro plugin and would love to uninstall and reinstall, but I can’t do that.

I had the same problems too @Sheri

Most accessible / easiest place I know right now is Mac Figma Mac Homescreen > Profile in upper right > Plugins. From the Plugins modal, then choose a 3-dot action to ‘remove from saved plugins’

Thank you! I finally figured out that “installed” and “saved” are now the same thing. My plugins only show in recent area until I “save” them which I didn’t know I had to do. They run from the plugin menu option so why “save” them. The labels don’t make sense and it’s not consistent. Now, if I can just the actual plugin to work properly again.

1 Like

Unfortunately, “unsaving” a plugin doesn’t remove it from the top-level Plugins menu.

From what I gather, the only way to remove them is to delete Figma settings from Local Storage, which I assume will revert all custom settings.

Yes, removing a plugin should be easier!

1 Like

That’s right, because you’ve highlighted the “Recents” list (last used/run plugins).

And again to the point! I wrote about it here:

But this has nothing to do with what the topicstarter asks for, because there is no need to clean up recent plugins.

Well, I can’t speak for the OP, but that’s not how I define “remove”. Personally I expect it to be removed everywhere. I don’t want stuff cluttering the menu, increasing acquisition time (Hick’s Law) and possible mis-clicks.

I just want it gone completely…or at least provide an easy way to clear the recents menu.

@Uhl, please create a new topic in the #share category, because your request is different from this.

I can’t believe either how hard it is to remove plugins from Figma. Having used Sketch for many many years it was a simple process of selecting ‘uninstall’.

Any idea on when this will be fixed? I don’t fancy having to delete Figma settings from Local Storage.

Thanks

1 Like

I cannot believe how difficult this has been made. Now plugins show up even though they are not installed… Just let me remove the clutter from my recent plugin list easily (which are just tryouts mostly until you find that perfect pluging). I then don’t want advice on how to remove all my settings (including the recent plugins) to fix a UX issue the product itself created. Please fix this problem (which was never a problem before).

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.