Lock pages

Of course it is easy enough to lock layers but I think that it would be helpful to be able to lock pages in a fashion similar to the layers.

I often place root (master, main, og?) components on a separate page and it would be nice to be able to lock these pages to keep items from moving around without intention.

20 Likes

Agree…today, I almost change UI on the page UI release. Big mistake with me
I want to have function: Lock the Page

2 Likes

@UX_Team and @mcram don’t forget to add your vote to this fantastic suggestion (vote button at the top). :slight_smile:

4 Likes

This would help so much when I validate prototypes with business. And with coder so they see only the most up the date version. WHY this is already is possible :smiley:

1 Like

While we are at it, I would like to be able to hide pages from those with “View only” access.

17 Likes

Also looking for the functionality to lock pages. Collaborating with a number of other people and recently had a page get deleted. Would love to be able to lock the page to keep this from happening by accident in future. Had to rebuild the page from scratch.

Please consider adding this feature as reusing components can be tricky for newbies.

Would also love this feature! I currently pretend it’s locked with an emoji :lock::relaxed:

3 Likes

I do the same.

^^ same. Even the most basic of functionality would be AWESOME and super appreciated.

Hello folks! Keeping this thread alive!

1 Like

In dire need of this feature. When giving people access to in-progress work, it essentially opens the keys to the kingdom forever (not to mention they can then share with other people). It causes a bunch of thrash and misuse. I know you can remove access, but sometimes certain people still need access to keep things moving. I also use multiple pages for larger projects and would love to avoid having multiple files for in-progress work and/or designs that are all related to the same project.

2 Likes

Definitely in need of this feature – feels like a basic feature which is basically just missing. Speaking of collaboration various editing should be done on purpose and needs a fail-proof solution. Maybe connected to the new ready-for-dev toggle which should assume, the page is already being developed and should NOT be edited.

2 Likes

Is there any update or a workaround? :cry:

1 Like

I would also live to hear is there an update on the lock pages option?

It has been a few years since I first posted this and I still believe that the ability to lock, and even hide, pages would be useful.

• Locked pages could be locked and unlocked by anyone with editor access. A locked page should behave similar to the view only state.

• Hidden pages would only be visible to those with editor access. Maybe they should be called view restricted pages instead of hidden as they would not be hidden from editors.

I use Figma for most of my teaching and often find myself thinking of these features.

1 Like

Any update on the feature?. I would like to hide pages from those with View only access.

Nearly two years still can’t do this… :face_in_clouds:

2 Likes

I almost ruined a design because it looked so similar to a different page ! This would be super handy!! Please consider adding this feature, that would save me!

+1 for locked pages. Im working on a big design system, every click on a component is considered as a modification and creates a published edit that sits there forever… Although im experiencing a different issue i think locked pages on certain components that do not change frequently could solve it for me.