Link to selected frame – feature removed?

I am experiencing the same issue on Figma enterprise. This is a massive problem as my team links to individual frames in Jira.

3 Likes

Came here b/c the “Share specific file” checkbox has disappeared from my Share dialog box as well. My company is on a Professional plan and I’m using the Mac desktop app (v. 114.6.1 and OS Monterrey v12.5.1).

I can say that the CMD+L shortcut appears to be working for me when I attach a design to a Jira ticket. Using that shortcut does appear to copy the frame-specific link.

It seems real strange that that checkbox be arbitrarily removed.

The frame copy link doesn’t work anymore for the nested frames. (command+ L) Please bring it back. It’s hard to communicate with the team without it.

1 Like

I just want to clarify what I’m talking about. I built standard design titles as Design Thinking Components that are used throughout my company. If there’s a screen or whole flow or a whole page of design, there are large, clear titles that span the scope of what we wish to share.

I want to be able to click on a title (which is a frame, but a component instance), hit Cmd/Ctrl-L and share that link to the title, which doesn’t EVER work because Figma refuses to link to component instances from Cmd/Ctrl L.

This is a bug that causes chronic pain. Fix it please so that it’s as easy to link to a frame, whether or not it’s a component, a component instance, or just a regular frame.

1 Like

As a developer I just want to copy link to this stuff from my designer and attach to my Jira task… Sorry :confused: this is awful

1 Like

This is a bug that causes chronic pain. Fix it please so that it’s as easy to link to a frame, whether or not it’s a component, a component instance, or just a regular frame.

@Bill_Stewart_S I created a new topic for this. Please vote on it: Make it possible to link to components and component instances

2 Likes

I’m experiencing the same problem. This is super critical for me, as I use the Figma integration from Notion, which preview isn’t working as long as I can’t share a frame.

Did anyone find a solution or reason why this happens?

I solved the issue by opening Figma ins SAFARI, it still doesn’t appear in the desktop app (which I reinstalled twice) and not in Google Chrome.

Is there any place I can clear the data for the desktop app in macOS?

When I share a link it doesn’t zoom in to the right frame as it used to, instead it just shows a very thin and hard-to-see line around the frame among all other frames, so it’s pretty much useless. This is a HUGE pain because sharing an exact frame and making it obvious where you’re pointing at is critical to work with other teammates. Please, go back to how it was before!

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue. The “copy link” link appears at the very top of the dialog (no button at bottom or checkbox for the selected frame) and the link takes my teammates to Figma home (not even the project), which is hugely problematic for referencing specific designs in implementation stories. The “copy dev link” works for files that are marked “ready for dev” but I need to be able to share links to specific designs that aren’t ready for dev.

I’m having the same problem, it’s a new design for the share dialog…with the link to selected frame option removed. Please add it back ASAP.

Actually it seems to link to the frame if I have it selected, there’s just nothing in the UI that tells me that’s what will happen. So it works, but seems like it won’t. ¯_(ツ)_/¯

The beloved feature where a user can copy a link to a specific frame is gone. :frowning:

I’m only able to “Link to selection” whatever that means.

Why Figma?

Hello, it seems related to this discussion although I didn’t see any mention directly related to this issue, but does anyone have an idea why among my team we do not have the same sharing pop-up? One pop-up (luckily it is the one I have) has the “Link to selection” checkbox, whereas the second one (most of my teammates have this one) has a different layout and does not have any option such as “Link to selection”. See screenshot

1 Like

I saw both versions for a while, with no apparent reason why there were both. Now I’m only seeing Layout 2.

I can confirm why people are seeing different UI with regarding ‘‘Link to selection’’

There are two (2) UI variables based on project setup.

1. Draft Project = ‘‘Link to selection’’ displays.

2. Teams Project = No ‘"Link to section’’ displayed.

2 Likes

same here. :melting_face: can’t share any specific frame anymore through the share function.

After a quick investigation within my company, I start to think it is related to being a team owner or not. Team owners have the functionality while admins and other roles don’t.

I have the same issue. I cannot confirm the last finding, that it depends on whether you’re a team owner or not. I moved a file from a team where I’m an editor to a team where I’m the owner, and the interface is currently without the link to selected frame. Instead, I only see the options for publish to community or get embed code.

I’d really love this feature back, as it helps people navigate in complex projects with lots of frames.

Hello @MoniqueD, you can still use the feature with the following workaround:

1. Right-click on your frame or section.
  2. Go to “Copy/Paste as”.
  3. Select “Copy link”.

1 Like