Skip to main content
BenKopf_UPS
New Participant
February 1, 2021

Add a Copy Link Shortcut key

  • February 1, 2021
  • 23 replies
  • 12171 views

Hi, since you added linking in Figma I use Copy Link constantly - is there a shortcut key for that or can you please add it to the wishlist?
Thanks,
Ben

23 replies

Gleb
Power Member
February 1, 2021

If you are on Mac, you can assign custom shortcuts to menubar actions in all apps including Figma via System Preferences. If you are on windows, you can create an action using AutoHotKey or something similar.

An easy way to copy link

For anyone who doesn’t know yet — an easier way to copy the link to the specific frame is right clicking the tab: Easy Access to “Copy LInk to Selected Frame” - #2 by Gleb

Varun_Varshney
March 26, 2021

Copy Link is not available in the menu bar, so kinda impossible to add this shortcut. Figma needs to utilize the top toolbar better.

Andrew_Lilley
April 8, 2021

We regularly copy the Preview page’s link in order to share it in Jira or wherever a UX story is described. Currently we need to use the mouse to click two times to copy the link to the frame shown. A keyboard shortcut would be helpful.

Currently in Preview mode the Edit > Copy option is enabled, but its not clear what, if anything, is being copied. It’s not the URL.

Julian_Jensen
April 12, 2021

+1 to this! Would love to select a frame and enter a command shortcut that does the same action as Share > Copy link — I’m constantly sharing links in Slack!

Brian_Clay
April 23, 2021

I would love a keyboard shortcut to copy a link to a frame. Or even exposing the option in the “CMD+/” menu would be great. It’s a small thing but it’d make my life easier if I didn’t have to click share and then click copy link to frame over and over.

Sergio_Ivanyo
July 13, 2021

+1 to this question. I regularly share frame links for the team and this is a big problem. Please, hear us!

Now I trying to help myself with mouse macros, but this is like BDSM practice.

Dana_Avesar
July 27, 2021

+1 I really need this I use the links for Jira tickets!!

Joseph_Herrle
August 2, 2021

Constantly in need of this all day for creating Asana tasks. Would be a big time saver.

Daniel_Hayrapetian
August 16, 2021

Also need this for JIRA - huge for product managers

Gleb
Power Member
August 17, 2021

An easy way to copy link

For anyone who doesn’t know yet — an easier way to copy the link to the specific frame is right clicking the tab: Easy Access to "Copy LInk to Selected Frame" - #2 by Gleb