Launched: More font size options

It would be nice to be able to have more control over font size. Right now it seems to be locked to four predefined text styles, but sometimes I want to be able to have very large text that is readable when zoomed out and vice versa.

Also, having the ability to arbitrarily scale the text size up and down by grabbing the bounding box would be very handy.

5 Likes

The size of the title weight is a bit too small - perhaps the ability to scale.

And Roboto isn’t that nice a font - perhaps a couple of alternatives

1 Like

I’ve been using gliffy and canva and I’m definitely used to being able to have a lot more font options as far as sizes. sizes is my number one ask, next being fonts and stuff but SIZES is a huge one. those three given are not enough for me.

The difference between the normal and subheading font size is huge. Please add 2-3 intermediate fonts after body text -to- subheading.

I hope the text is resize-able rather than fixed size. I see the value in fixed size within the sticky notes but not for creating the workshop info.

It would really appreciate more flexibility with fonts and font sizes as well as colors.

+1 - Let us resize font size and sticky notes. One of the reasons we as a team still can’t use Figjam over Miro.

1 Like

Hey All,

We heard your feedback. You can now mix different text sizes in the same text box, sticky note, and shape in FigJam! Learn more here.

Thanks but that’s not really what I was asking for.

Right now it seems to be locked to four predefined text styles

There are still only four font sizes to choose from. What I think is needed is either a longer list of available font sizes or arbitrarily scalable text. Right now a board is locked to just one scale which may work for some use cases but it is too limiting for my needs. For now I can’t justify switching from Miro and my team agrees.

1 Like

Unfortunately, this doesn’t solve the main problem described by Andrew.

1. Describe the problem your experiencing and how your idea helps solve this

I hope that font size can be adjusted. There are only 4 sizes currently, which is quite not enough!

1. Add as much context as possible (screenshots, Figma files, mockups, etc.)

2. Ask questions to bring the community into the conversation
    (e.g. Does anyone else experience this? Is anyone using a plugin or workaround to help solve this?, etc.

1 Like

I’m a content designer trying to create a mock-up, but having only four font sizes is restrictive.

Hello, auto font size would be a great option like they do it on miro.
Its a little annoying that there is not really a great option to have just “big words” on the cards. When you choose “title” format, its most of the times so big that words are broken down to another line which makes it hard to read.
Also cards can only grow vertically. A horizontal adjustment would be also interesting.
I think this is really a key feature to quickly and easily lay out information.

1 Like

The same controls over font size, weight, (etc) that exist in Figma design should be available in FigJam. The text size presets fall short of being usable. Copy and pasting from another Figma document is not ideal.

Attaching a screenshot from a FigJam moodboard, the body copy is ridiculously small compared to the 1080px height screenshot to the left – so it is difficult to create hierarchy and scannable text with the three preset text sizes remaining.

1 Like

Right now we can only use "Normal, Subheading, Heading, and Title. In order to keep boards clean and in uniform shape, we should be able to shrink font size to fit into an element. Right now the option is to stretch the element to fit the text into it.

Does anyone else experience this?

Hi everyone,

My name’s Alice and I’m one of the engineering managers for FigJam. Thank you all so much for your feedback. I’m excited to let you all know that we’ve rolled out a few updates to text in FigJam today.

Text resizing

Now, you can resize text in FigJam to whatever size you need by dragging text boxes directly from the corner.

A new default font size

Not only have we added a new default size, we’ve also updated the names of our font sizes.

sparkles A fun detail I wanted to share is that if you resize your font and make it really small, we’ll label it “Teensy.” If you make it really big, the size will display as " Ginormous" and then "Mammoth.”

Let us know what you think. Happy jamming!

2 Likes