Help - Detach all components 🚨

@JosephxBrick

Wow that is also super cool! saved me so much time, thank you.

Do you by any chance know how to save or favourite plugins somewhere so one develops a sort of plug in library?

I only find this ‘try out’ feature in community, and then on a file - I see how one can run plug ins and select from a dropdown list of recently used. But what I would really love is a list of saved or favourite plug ins to go back on when time has passed and I may have forgotten 1.

Maybe the answer is out there, but I didnt find it easily, so while I am here, thought I’d give a try asking

Really helpful

You won the internet when you wrote this! Thank you for the save.

Love “Detach all nested instances”. Been using it for a little while now.

It would be REALLY nice to be able to also destroy font styles at the same time.
Also, it would be REALLY REALLY nice to be able to detach ALL nested instances in an entire file with multiple pages. Currently, it needs to be done at the page level, and some files can have quite a lot of pages…

What I am working on currently is updating font styles in an existing library. Easy, if that was all needed. However, we need to archive the existing library and all linked design files keeping the sunset styles in tact. Both original and duplicate design files remain linked to the original Library. So I am having to go into every page of the original design file (archive) and detach all nested instances one page at a time.

After this, I can publish the updated styles from the Library to the new (duplicate) design files that are still linked.

Any better way to do this?

This is the key! AFAIK ‘Detach all nested instances’ command is not available in any of the menus, so you have to search for it like Timothy_Sullivan described.

The Destroyer plugin also detaches nested instances. Thanks for the tip @JosephxBrick

Yes! This is exactly what I’ve been looking for!

Just saved so much time! thank you.

There is also a plugin called “detach selected instances” https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1216275476214886396

It works like a charm

1 Like

found an even better one called “destroyer”

works for master components, styles, variables, all.