LAUNCHED: Generate sticky notes from table data

I run in the same issue. The easy copy past functionality of Google sheets rows to sticky notes speeds up my synthesis process extremely. And I consider it as a core function.

The possibility to create tables is also nice and may useful. But in the case of creative workflow in the creative synthesize process, not useful and slow-down the process.

Please provide an easy-to-use workflow to create sticky notes, as it was a possible before introducing the figjam tables.

As an Idea - Great new Sticky Note > Past clipboard data (sheet rows) > bulk, great several Stickies. If you just past clipboard data without any selection, create a new table or add rows when a table is selected.

Thank you for taking this topic seriously.

3 Likes

I really hope the option to convert cells into sticky notes is brought back. Using a plugin doesn’t properly always and it sucks!

1 Like

I have found a workaround that’s a bit more reliable. At least, it respects the data better than the plug-in mentioned above. However, it’s EVEN more cumbersome. It uses Figma and two plug-ins, before getting into FigJam.

Get ready for pain…

1. Create a post-it component in Figma.
  2. Save the spreadsheet as a .csv file
  3. In Figma, use the Bulk Component Instancer plug-in. This will create all the empty post-its, but will not respect the .csv data. It doesn’t handle quotes properly so, it can’t escape commas, new lines, etc. It will probably create too many post-its, but better too many than too few.
  4. Next save the spreadsheet as an .xlsx
  5. Select the post-its and run the Google Sheets Sync plug-in. This WILL respect the data properly, but it can’t create anything.
  6. Check the last post-its and delete the duplicates by hand.
  7. Copy and past into FigJam.

All in all, a total pain in the ass, but might help if you’re in a total fix.

1 Like

This is tragic! I am just starting to synthesize UX research from 19 user tests. The notes are in Excel because that has always worked like magic. Now I face the prospect to creating around 1000 individual sticky notes by copying and pasting. Please bring this feature back! It impacts a lot of your users.

4 Likes

It looks like Mural works for copying and pasting from Excel to create individual sticky notes. It’s a pain to switch apps at this point, but the time savings makes it worth it until Fig Jam brings back this feature

2 Likes

This didn’t work for me

1 Like

Being able to copy+paste from Google sheets and automatically create sticky notes for research analysis is 95% of my use case for FigJam. Please reenable this critical feature!

5 Likes

This feature is absolutely crucial to my workflow when synthesizing research.

We’ve just switched our organization completely from Mural to FigJam and I’m not being melodramatic when I say this feature is important enough to switch back to Mural for.

4 Likes

I published FigJam Plugin “Table to Sticky notes”.

Please try this. I hope you like it.

13 Likes

We are unable to use plugins, can you deploy a native fix?

1 Like

Being able to paste spreadsheet cells into Figjam and have then turn into sticky notes was one of the BEST functions for being able to do research analysis!!! This seems no longer possible with the addition of the new table feature, which is going to make doing research analysis on Figjam much more difficult and time consuming :frowning:

Support your UX research community and bring back the ability to paste cells as sticky notes, please!!!

2 Likes

Hey All,

Thank you for feedback regarding this recent change!

We’ve passed this thread along to the FigJam team. They hear your concerns and understand how many of you liked this capability - it’s definitely on our radar!

For now, please try the Table to Sticky notes plugin listed above as a workaround.

6 Likes

I seriously need this functionality to be back :frowning:

1 Like

Hey @Keren4,

We hear you. The FigJam team is aware of this thread, and we’ll continue to pass along your feedback and desire to have it back.

4 Likes

Just want to voice in agreement! I don’t need Figjam to have tables prioritized over sticky notes. That’s what my spreadsheets are for (which i don’t want to be in). If I want tables I’d imagine Sheets does this functionality better. Would love the see Figjam sticking to their bread and butter :slight_smile:

1 Like

My company was preparing to invest in FigJam for all of our Product team. Without this feature, they have to paste in user data and feedback one sticky at a time.

Our last affinity mapping was over 1,000 rows of data and feedback. Miro still supports this functionality and luckily we still have licenses for that. Replacing this feature with this useless paste-to-table functionality was not a good move.

2 Likes

Loving the new table feature but there are some times when I actually want to paste content from Excel into Figjam and separate the cells into Sticky notes.

Maybe you could add a function to break the table into sticky notes to get around this.

This way we can format whole rows/columns before the splitting.

Hi @Martin_Lee ,
Thank you for your feedback! The Figjam team is aware of this request, we will pass along to our team for consideration. I merged your topic with this one: https://forum.figma.com/t/generate-sticky-notes-from-table-data to gather all the feedback.

We used to have this before as a Bulk add post-it function and it was so useful. Shame it’s gone now! :frowning_face:

Hope it comes back soon! :innocent:

Being able to bulk add post-it notes manually and via things like excel spreadsheets for user research

10 Likes