Full screen problem

I have such a strange problem when working with Figma on the second monitor. If you expand the Figma window to the full screen (and I think that’s the way 99% of people work :sweat_smile:), then the central part of the toolbar (create component, mask, etc.) stops working. When you click, nothing happens, and when you click 2 times, the Figma window goes out of full screen mode. If you move the window to the main monitor of the laptop, then everything works fine. Windows 11, the second monitor is ultra wide 29 inches.

If anyone has faced and knows what the problem is - I will be glad to help.

Hi @Mustafin_Maks, Thanks for bringing this issue with tools from the toolbar to our attention!

I’ve done some digging on my end to see if there have been any similar reports, but I didn’t find anything so far. Unfortunately, I don’t have a Windows environment to replicate the issue on my side.

Just to make sure we’re on the same page, is this happening in the desktop app, in the browser, or both?

As a first troubleshooting step, could you please try clearing your app and browser cache to see if it helps?
Here’s a handy guide on how to clear the Figma desktop app cache: Clear the Figma desktop app cache

If this doesn’t resolve the issue, we’re happy to wait for some community insights, or you can reach out directly to our support team here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

When contacting our support team, it would really help if you could provide the following:

1. Make sure to use your Figma account email address.
  2. A brief video recording showing the problem. It would be super helpful to see the entire window, including the Properties and Layers Panel, with the relevant layers expanded.
  3. Could you let us know if you’re experiencing this issue on the desktop app, in the browser, or both? Also, we’d appreciate it if you could share what browser and operating system you’re currently using.

I hope these helps! If something wasn’t clear, please don’t hesitate to ask. We really value suggestions from our community, so feel free to share any here!

Thanks,

Thank you for your reply. I tried clearing the cache and searching for similar topics, but basically I didn’t find anything. The bug appears intermittently on some open tabs. I have recorded you loom to show you the problem, and I apologize in advance for my bad English).

Thank you)

Hello @Mustafin_Maks! Thank you so much for providing that helpful video! It’s greatly appreciated.

• This seems to be an issue with the desktop app, but do you encounter the same problem when using the browser version?

• Can we confirm if you are using the latest version of the Figma desktop app? If not, could you please reinstall it? You can find a guide here: Guide to the Figma desktop app

I’ve reached out to our internal team to see if we can find a solution for this. I’ll keep you updated once I hear anything!

Also, if any of our community members have insights or suggestions, we’d love for you to join the conversation. Your input is always welcome!

Thanks again,

Thank you. I’m using the app. Haven’t tried it in the browser. I have the latest version) I will be glad if my bug can help to improve the product).

1 Like