Fonts names aren't matching

Hi there!

I imported some sketch files from my local to Figma, and it shows “Missing fonts” to me, then I try to find the same font style in “Replacement” and it works. As in this picture, the space is missing in Fonts family name, and as a result, they can’t access to local fonts in my computer.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

:triangular_flag_on_post:The legend:
I have installed TTF font in system Fonts folder on Windows and the same font installed on Linux.
It’s a Akrobat font: https://www.fontfabric.com/fonts/akrobat/

:triangular_flag_on_post:The issue:
Font’s name doesn’t matching in design file because on Windows Figma shows “Akrobat Regular” font name, but on Linux Figma shows “Akrobat” font name and “Regular” width property. So we have mismatch here, wich prompts font replace.

:triangular_flag_on_post:The suggestion:
All we want is: unify fonts names in Figma. Would Figma be so kind to solve please fonts names mismatch?

same issue: Fonts names aren't matching
UPD: Hey, my comment doesn’t provide a solution.

2 Likes

I’ve had the same conflict issue with Motiva Sans.

Colleagues on OS X seeing:

• Motiva Sans, Regular
  • Motiva Sans, Bold
    Where I on Linux was seeing:
  • Motiva Sans, Regular
  • Motiva Sans Bold, Bold

I’ve been able to fix the issue by editing the fonts using Font Forge.

1. Open .otf file in Font Forge
  2. Select all (Not sure if needed)
  3. Go to: Element > Font info
  4. Edited Family Name & Name for Humans, removing the style part.
  5. Press Ok
  6. File > Generate Fonts
  7. Using: OpenType (CFF) (I’m not sure what the difference is with the other OpenType type)
  8. Replace existing fonts on system with these new ones.

So far no issues. It even enabled me to use superscript (e.g. ²) in the bold style which wasn’t possible before.