Find/Search Keywords and Text in FigJam

One feature that makes Miro slightly more useful than FigJam is the ability to search/find keywords. Sticky notes can be difficult to dig through if you are looking for something in particular.

Use case: I interview a set of participants. I have 100s of notes. A month later, I’m working on a feature and I remember that one of our users mentioned something that was relevant to my work. How do I got back and find what they said?

55 Likes

I would love to see funtionality around search for FigJam boards. If you have a very large board with a lot of cards for example with text, it is difficult to find a specific text/idea that you may want to read more about.

12 Likes

Agreed! My team and I have already begun using FigJam with our clients to keep all research and design in one place.

But we are quickly running into workflow issues such as this as we begin our Synth process.

Fingers crossed this one comes soon!

4 Likes
  • Find text — is very necessary!
  • Find by mask
  • Find and Replase
3 Likes

Would be amazing if we could search the text on a FigJam board. We’ve been using it for research synthesis and the number of stickies can get overwhelming. Would be great if there is an easy way to search for a specific piece of text within a sticky note or any other text.

9 Likes

Find Search would be great!

3 Likes

A search in figjam is much needed for big boards :slight_smile: thanks. please look at http://www.miro.com/ for the UX of the search functionality
for example miro reduces the opacity of any elements that doesn’t have the keyword so you are able to locate where the keyword is by sight

4 Likes

Search feature would be very welcome for us too!

3 Likes

+1 for this feature! Having search would be very useful

3 Likes

I am using FigJam do analyze user research studies (by doing affinity mapping). I am finding it frustrating that I cannot search for keywords within the sticky notes.

5 Likes
  • :100: for text-search within sticky notes please :bowing_man:
4 Likes

Core feature!

4 Likes

this would be extremely useful!

2 Likes

This would be a huge improvement on my team’s workflow!! :+1: :+1: :+1:

2 Likes

Any update on this feature? It’s a lifesaver, makes or breaks the tool.

2 Likes

It would be great to be able to Command F search for specific words on my FigJam board

2 Likes

+1
Absolutely
When boards get large, it’s nearly impossible to navigate the information without a search text feature. The lack of such a feature seriously compromises the viability of a tool such as this.

3 Likes

Inside FigJam files, I’m having extreme difficulties searching for specific post-its on large discovery boards. It is taking me A LOT of time: wich makes me considering returning to Miro or Mural for product discoveries.
If there were tools to write and search for words or phrases inside FigJam, it would resolve this annoying and time consuming problem.

Does anyone else experience this? Is it possible to use official plugins in FigJam files to workaround this?

4 Likes

Yeah, absolutely need this feature.

2 Likes

1. Describe the bug/issue you’re running into?
Feature request: In order to find a specific card or note (basically any content) it would be very useful in the Figjam desktop app to search for text strings like one can on any website.

2. Are you able to consistently reproduce it? If so what are the steps?
In this case it a feature request.

3. Share a screenshot, recording, console log, link to the file, etc.
n.a.

4. Is the issue only happening in desktop app or a specific browser , or both?
n.a.

5. What OS/version and/or browser/version are you using?
Mac OS Mojave, version 10.14.6 (18G103)

3 Likes