Figma doesn't let me use the "Segoe UI Variable" font

Hello,

I’d like to use the Windows UI design kit provided by Microsoft on the Figma community, but I keep running into issues caused by Figma’s lack of support for variable fonts.

The kit in question uses Segoe UI Variable, which is pre-installed on Windows as a system font. Knowing that Figma still doesn’t support variable fonts, I also downloaded and installed the static version of it, but… Seems like it’s causing some conflict that Figma doesn’t know how to resolve, meaning that if I try to use the font, Figma won’t let me, graying out all the text options and bringing up a non-functional “Missing fonts” prompt.

I’m really not sure how to fix this. As I’ve previously stated, the variable font file for Segoe UI is a system font, meaning it cannot be uninstalled to potentially solve the issue. Is there anything I can do? Or am I forced to wait until the Figma team adds variable font support to the app?

4 Likes

I have the same problem. :frowning:

2 Likes

Same here. The variable font isn’t supported, even though it’s windows 11 system font. It doesn’t work even after downloading and installing the font manually.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.