Everything is too large when i handoff to developers

Hello! I am a designer and I use Figma to design websites at 1920x1080px. My Interface Scale is 100% in Figma and when I handoff to developers the contents are way too big. Can you tell me what the problem might be? What can I change? Should I design with rem and not px?

Hi @Emma9, Thank you for reaching out about the large file size. I understand your concern.

There are several factors that can contribute to the file size of a Figma design file. However, this Help Center article provides some tips that may be helpful: Reducing memory usage in files > Large files with multiple images and pages

If you would like our support team to review your file, please contact them directly here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new
Make sure to use your Figma account email, share the direct link to the file, and add support-share@figma.com as an Editor to the file (this will not affect your billing).

Or, if the issue pertains to the size of the PDF file exported from Figma, there is a known issue. There’s a forum post have discussed this matter, offering various workarounds using different tools.
You can check out the forum posts for more information: Large PDF exports even with compression plugins

I hope this information proves helpful! If there is anything else I may have missed, please let us know.
Also, we welcome any insights or suggestions from our community!

Thanks,