We’ve been getting this error in files where we have font styles linked. We can no longer change between certain styles due to this error, but when trying to investigate on the style file (separate to the working file), the error disappears. It worked fine up to the end of last year.
You are seeing the missing font icon because there’s a font being used that you don’t have access to.
Here are a few causes for missing fonts:
- Missing installed fonts: collaborators are using a local font, which you don’t have installed.
- Conflicting versions: collaborators are using a different (older or newer) version of the font.
- Missing font styles: Either the style was missing from a download, or you are using a different version of the font which doesn’t include that weight or style.
To edit an affected text layer, you’ll need to fix the missing font. There are two ways to fix this:
- Install or update the missing fonts on your device
- Select another font to use in place of the missing font
If the issue still persists, I’d suggest you to reach out directly to the support team so they can investigate it here.
Be sure to use your Figma account email, include your screenshot, a link to the file, and share it with firstname.lastname@example.org.