Dropdown Menu Not Working

Hi All,

I hope this isn’t the exact same as another issue someone asked about with dropdown menus, but I can’t seem to get this to work and I would like some help.
I followed the steps in this video:Create a DROPDOWN MENU in Figma (Tutorial) - YouTube

This is my figma file: https://www.figma.com/file/x1Rb2bYD9VlgeJezzF3pNh/Dropdown-Menu?node-id=0%3A1&t=tqRO5EXAJBAvN3xA-1

All the prototype does is change the dropdown arrow from up to down. It’s not acting like it’s one with the list of options. That’s all I’ve noticed. Originally I had trouble even adding the interactions, and I had to move the top row of cities outside the dropdown menu bounding box to draw the connections. Then I moved them back in. Not sure if that is causing the problem.

Please let me know if I’m making any errors.
Thank You!

Hello Brittany,
the main error that you were making was that the dropdown list of options was not inside the dropdown component. I fixed it for you inside the file :wink:

The list of options has to be inside dropdown_menu, otherwise Figma interprets them as separate layers, and they don’t belong together.
Cheers.

1 Like

Wow, you fixed it! Thank you sooo much!!

1 Like

Hello,

I’m having the same problem, but when I put the drop-down-menu-options component inside the the dropdown-menu variant frame, it still doesn’t work in prototype.

This topic was automatically closed 3 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.