Custom spacing in lists between paragraphs and between numbers/bullets and text

Yes!

1. list items should respect paragraph spacing
  2. padding on left/right of bullet should be editable
  3. color/shape of bullet should be editable
4 Likes

yes, exactly. Some of the other requests would be nice too but this simple addition should be bullets version 1.1.

Has this fix been prioritized yet? The workarounds to apply spacing are getting silly.

Hey All,

We heard your feedback and made an update to bulleted and numbered lists. You can now adjust the spacing between listed items in the type details panel. More info here:

4 Likes

thanks a lot for this update! This is so great. Thanks a lot.
Iā€™ve noticed some inconsistencies at least on my end. Sometimes the ā€œlist spacingā€ doesnā€™t how up at all, and sometimes it does. Iā€™ve tried to remove the bulletpoints and add them once again - but it doesnā€™t work. I cannot enable the ā€œlist spacingā€ property.
And in my case even when I have the ā€œList spacingā€ and Iā€™d like to change it, I canā€™t. After setting it to 10, 60 oder 100 nothing happens.

Iā€™ve also tested the list specing on a empty canvas and there it seems to work. This is really odd.

i think I found the condition for this to happen.
So, if I copy paste a list, the ā€œlist spacingā€ doesnā€™t show up.

I have reported a but, but now Iā€™m not sure if this really is one.
So it seems like you cannot set the spacing independently from you typography? I have to do the adjustment on my global text style. Which actually also makes sense.
I think I was just confused, because changing the decoration e.g. detached it from the global fontsize automatically. So Iā€™ve expexted that this would happen for list spacing as well.

But you just have to know how it is intended to work.

1 Like

paragraph spacing is not working on bulleted text

3 Likes

This may sound crazy but my work around is to create an individual text box for each bullet point and use auto layout ā€“ that gives you a world of freedom.

3 Likes

Itā€™s sad how right you are.

2 Likes

This does not address the issue at all. Seems you didnā€™t hear the feedback at all.

1 Like

List spacing does not appear as an option in text styles. Do you know if this will be added? Keeping text styles intact is more important than sacrificing them to have list spacing, so including them in text styles is paramount.

1 Like

As working in a Design System team, we hope to be able to have our own custom spacing list indent.

Does anyone else agree?
As I also find it was request by others in this thread, so we believe it will be benefit to many. Custom spacing in lists between paragraphs and between numbers/bullets and text - #15 by Lucas_Raphael_Veil

1 Like

When setting paragraph spacing (and line spacing), itā€™s often a percentage value of the font size. Line spacing already allows a percentage (e.g. 140%). Paragraph spacing should allow this too (e.g. 100%).

Please implement this! :slight_smile:

Thanks for this, however I have found that when I add space this way it adds space between each line in the bullet, not after each bullet. Is there another way?