Create a component with a variant:
- Select the frame > Create component
- Properties > Add Variant
- Click on Property1, and name it to something else
- Click on Default, and name it to something else
But no. If you do #4, you’ll just rename Property1 again. Even though the user clicks on the Default value to edit it, he actually ends up editing the name.
I do this mistake several times a day, every day. Actually, I do it almost every time I create a component.
- When trying to edit the property value when the whole component is selected, do not allow it. Especially, do NOT edit the property name when the user tries to edit the property value
- OR, apply the just modified property value to each variant (in the example above, this would only edit the single variant)