Bug: Share links lead to page rather than specifically selected frame

Whenever I attempt to share a specific frame, the link simply leads me to a zoomed out view of the page which the frame exists in. Within the Invite screen, “Link to selected frame” option IS selected. This is occurring on multiple pages across multiple project areas. Using Figma App, have not attempted in web application.

3 Likes

Agreed, that is a bug. It used to work. Here’s a workaround:

Select the frame you want, right click, point to Copy/Paste as, then click Copy link. Links you copy this way will always lead to your selected frame.

1 Like

The problem I see, whih could mislead the reporter here, is that clicking a link to a frame will take you to the page of the frame but does NOT appear to zoom in on the frame in question. So if your zoom level on that page was very zoomed out, it will stay as is, giving the impression that the target frame is not highlighed.
@figma it would be great to zoom in (make the target frame fit to screen, so we can see clearly the frame).

2 Likes

Hi,
I have a similar issue, the link to frame (same option “link to selected” is checked) doesn’t work for account viewer…
Sometimes even sending to an other page within the file. Tried multiple time, the link is ok for me as editor but nor for viewers account (app and web).
I’m linking to Jira issues for developpers and PO, it’s messing badly with our workflow.
It started maybe a month ago.

2 Likes

Likewise experiencing this issue and trying to identify if it is a bug and if there are plans to fix it. Currently I’m aware of three different methods to grab a share link, but each of them create a different link for the single specific selection.

The work around of using right click and copying the link through the toolbar is the only time the share link actually has the selection. Using the share button at top right of application, or using the keyboard shortcut - command + L makes the resulting link defer to the highest container - artboard.

I don’t understand why they can’t all be the same, and it’s definitely been making it difficult to provide other team members locations and documentation.

1 Like

I’m experiencing the same issue but as an editor. Link to selection used to work until a few weeks ago, now it just doesn’t work and will just show a zoomed out view of the page.

I’m also having the same issue with “go to main component”. Used to work just fine, now just goes to the file and stays on the same page (not even the right one) and zoomed out

1 Like