Applying text styles is slow

Salespeople don’t usually know the technical stuff like this, so maybe he meant something different? It seems to be a caching and loading issue. Hurting people’s experience would be a weird strategy to make them upgrade, it makes zero sense.

Thats Bollox.

I’m on Organization Plan and it happens to me too.

1 Like

I have the same issue. Specially with the type and color styles

I encountered this issue now as well. I am using the Microsoft FluentUI library.

If I am not mistaken, it started when I exchanged all text styles with a new font. Since then, I wait 20-30s for a page to show all content and I wait 1-3s to be able to edit text layers, even moving around on the canvas and selecting stuff is laggy. It’s impossible to work like that.

• As a first workaround I duplicated the project to check if that resolves the issue. It was fast at start, but after 5 minutes it was slow again.
  • I opened a ticket. I’ll report how long it takes figma to react to this.
  • Next I will try to switch back the old fonts

I will report later.

First update:

• no response yet from figma
  • I disabled the library function and after that action everything was smooth for a few minutes. Then laggyness kicked in again, but it is not as bad as before, meaning I can kind of work.

Second update:

• got an answer from figma, they got access and confirmed the issue. It will take them some time to resolve it.

Third update (there are no more than 2 replies allowed here :D):

• problem seems more or less fixed. The project is still not as smooth as other figma projects, but I can work. Sadly, I have no idea, what the problem was.

Just read this post and yes, happening to me and my team too. When the figma file enable the design system library, it lag when we try to change the color from design system library.

1 Like

I’m also experiencing this issue and It’s extremely frustrating. Did anyone find a fix for this?

Hi I am experiencing this issue with color styles - there is a very slight lag when applying the style. appreciate any help.

2 Likes

Happening here as well. Its a small, but frustrating performance hickup, really breaks up your workflow. Have to wait for the style to apply before clicking out of a frame/component otherwise the style isn’t applied.

Same for me. Since the update, applying color styles is annoyingly slow.

Same for me and others on our team, too - Enterprise Plan…