Allow find in file for "Used in this file" component instances

I manage a pretty extensive design system that uses multiple library files. One thing that is kinda difficult to manage or fix is when components are used from another library. For example, there’s some library updates that have been pushed and my file shows that there’s some components from another library being used in the file, but I haven’t the slightest clue as to where those components are being used.

It’d be dope if there was a link in the update panel to view where the instance is used. Or even some way to swap the instance (let’s say I have a slightly alternate version for that specific library).

2 Likes

It’d probably also be helpful to have it in the Assets part of the sidebar as a “right click” option.

5 Likes

i too would love this feature. @Figma_Support Can you help with this?

1 Like

Try using the “Find…” function.

1 Like

Needing this right now! In early stages of our design system, and it’s all so well organized, but there are these rogue components from some random library someone must have used once. I’ve looked at every single page, and they just don’t exist in this file! Or at least, I can’t find them. Definitely need a way to delete them, disable them, replace them, or find them at least.

1 Like

I am running into this problem as well. I’ve tried Find & Replace, detached, renamed, or linked to a local master; and there are a few that still show in the asset panel. I used Find to search the name again and there are no results. I’ve published all updates and still they show in the asset panel.

Actually found a thread with a good solution in the link.

https://forum.figma.com/t/why-are-there-ghost-components-in-the-used-in-this-file-tray/3038/13

I would add that to aid this process; if you have a component in the “used” section that is named the same as the local version, change the name of the local master, publish the change to the library,and then it makes it much easier to find and replace the bad assets.

1 Like

I manage a large design system and would like to see this functionality as well. When I go to see how a component is being used from Library Analytics, I’m able to find the file it is used in. However, from there, it’s not easy for me to track down where the component is in the file so I can see how other designers have used or overridden the component, especially since files often have many pages and they aren’t built by me, so I don’t always know the design and where things are. The right click solve above would help me a lot with this.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.