XD to Figma

Hi! Is there any way to import Adobe XD files to Figma for free? Thx

5 Likes

Just copy and paste, it’s as simple as that.

3 Likes

Thank for your response, Lennox, but I mean if is there any way to import XD files into Figma WITH ALL VECTORS, IMAGES & TEXT BOXES.

13 Likes

Yes, you just select all of them, and copy in XD and paste in Figma. As simple as that.

1 Like

Sorry but the objects I copy in XD (as vectors) and paste in Figma become images.
So, is not an import but a screen shot. Is not useful.

11 Likes

Did you try the File>Export All Artboards feature?
Just drag the SVG into Figma.

Better, now it does import it as vectors, but many elements are spoiled, such as the size of the text boxes or the layer masks. Anyway, it’s better than nothing, thank you very much!

5 Likes

Export your XD file as SVG, then open it with Sketch, save as a Sketch file and open your Sketch file with Figma.

4 Likes

Thank you!

Nope!, it will paste as JPEG image

6 Likes

it works 60%, but the page design will be ruined anyway.
please beware:

1. you will lose all the images you used in the design.
  2. Your type attributes will not remain as they were in Xd.
  3. Effects, transparencies, and Overlays will be gone.
4 Likes

Yes, I’ve already noticed… Thank you very much for your answer!

1 Like

Copy as SVG ( in XD) and paste them in Figma.

4 Likes

It works! Thanks!

Export your XD file as SVG, drag & drop to your figma file. It will work perfectly.

1 Like

Is there a way to preserve prototype as well?

4 Likes

i want to know as well.

2 Likes

it will paste as JPEG image

1 Like

Depending on the fidelity you might wanna checkout Convert Adobe XD to Figma - Magicul, our XD to Figma converter is really good (components, prototyping get converted) but it’s a paid tool.

1 Like

It’s Good, but not good enough for the absurdly expensive price. It’s not a realistic price to convert one work to another platform, even if it’s just only one canvas of the screen.

Funny thing is find old youtube videos about this platform with a nice price of $4.99 and see the guy of the company talk about the price is now $14 dollars (2019), what is fair, but now is $94 kkkk so joke.

13 Likes