Working locally

I have been using Adobe XD as my main app design tool since it came out. It has many drawbacks, but I really dislike working ‘in the cloud’. This is why I have resisted moving to Figma. XD, well Adobe in General, is pusing the same - save all work in the cloud, but at least it is a native app. The more complex and the larger the file, the more lag in the ‘app’ and the more my workflow is slowed down.

Please tell me I’m missing something. It appears I can’t even open a file I have saved locally, even with the Figma ‘Desktop’ app.

Hey @rblinzler,

Sorry for the trouble and confusion!

Figma was designed for the browser for real-time collaboration. Because of that, the desktop app is essentially a special browser. There are no functional differences between the two, and we don’t currently have plans to support a fully-featured offline mode.

More info about working offline is available here:

Ok, thank you for your response. I get it, this is a core feature Figma is built on. Please excuse me if I am ranting, Figma has so much to offer, but this remains the reason why I haven’t made the jump and, as UI / UX Director, dont use it in my team. If Figma were to offer stronger offline support, standardizing on it would be a no-brainer.