Who can see the source code of private plugins?

Is it the publisher only or org admins also have access to the source code?

What do you mean by source code? If it’s the code that is compiled and published (code.js and ui.html files) — it’s visible to everyone, just like the code of every website (plugins are just like small websites). If you mean the source code before compiling/bundling (in case you are compiling at all) — that code is not available to anyone and it’s not even sent to Figma.

Hi Gleb, how can i access the source code (the code.js and ui.html file of a plugin)? I’ve looked but i couldn’t find it on any plugin.
Could you help please?

Yeah, if the code can be visible to everyone, how can you get access to the code of installed Figma plugins?
I want to be able to see code from other plugins in the community and modify them to my specific needs. Is that possible?

This doesn’t work for me, I get the message “You don’t have permission to run this plugin”. Did Figma change this or am I making a mistake?

@Vincenzo_Menni

@Mikka_Wild_adesso
It’s still working for me. Please make sure that you’re logged in your Figma account in the browser you’re using to access that URL.
Can you share the link to the plugin whose source code you would like to view?

@Vincenzo_Menni I tried the same but didnt get the source code of https://www.figma.com/community/plugin/1227828853742523809/Cube-GPT---UX-AI-Assistant

@Vincenzo_Menni
On Mac Safari it didn’t work, now tried on my Windows with Firefox and it works. Thank you. Now I just need to figure out how to read it :sweat_smile: Is there a way to easily save it in a pretty format?

Hey please explain the method again, your reply is removed.

1 Like