Unable to log in via SAML SSO on Figma iOS mobile app

Due to company policy, I can only log into my Figma using SSO, which is only accessible via Microsoft Edge browser. I haven’t been able to log in at all because the default browser that’s prompting the login is Safari and there seem to be no way to change it (I had already Edge as default browser)

Current flow looks like this

1. Click “Log in to Figma”
  2. Enter my email → automatically switch to SAML SSO
  3. Click “Log in”
  4. I get the error message saying “You can’t get there from here. You must use Microsoft Edge to access this resource” (see image attached)
  5. I click on “Launch in Edge”
  6. It redirects me to Figma app store page
  7. I click “Open” on the Figma app store page
  8. Back to step 1

I’ve been stuck in this loop and haven’t been able to find a solution yet. No issue with logging in on desktop, just the mobile iOS app.
Device info: iPhone 15 Pro iOS 17.3

Any help would be appreciated!

Hey May,
Thanks for reaching out to the community! This seems buggy. Can you try to re-install the app in your mobile phone to see if that helps?
If not, please reach out directly to the support by filling a form here: https://help.figma.com/hc/en-us/requests/new Our technical team can have a look at it.
(I’d also recommend you to reach out to your SSO administrator in your Organization with help signing into Okta via your mobile device, to check if this can also help).

Thank you Celine,

I just got a response from Figma support, sharing it here in case anyone else is facing similar issue:
“Currently, our built-in authentication system that we use to log into the mobile app only supports Safari at this time and there isn’t a way to modify this.”

The support was kind enough to pass this along to his team as a feature request, as this is a pretty important use case for enterprise users. Hopefully we will get a solution soon!

1 Like