Suggestion for Stroke Feature Enhancement in Figma

Hello Figma Community,

I hope this message finds you well. I’ve been an avid user of Figma for UI design, and I recently encountered a situation where a small enhancement to the stroke feature could significantly improve the user experience. To illustrate my suggestion, I’ve created a visual representation that I’ve attached to this message.

Enhancement Suggestion:
Currently, when working with strokes in Figma, when i wanted to add a stroke that is not attached to any frame or element, i have to make an invisble frame and make it a little bit larger than the child item. This can sometimes lead to issue while prototyping with smart animate and others.

Proposed Solution:
I suggest implementing a new gap feature. This would let us to add gap between the elements and storke.

Visual Representation:

I believe that this enhancement would not only streamline the design process for many users but also contribute to the overall efficiency and user-friendliness of Figma. I’m excited about the continuous improvement of Figma, and I appreciate your consideration of this suggestion.

Thank you for your time and dedication to making Figma an outstanding tool for designers.

Best regards,
Jay Dwivedi
Your Figma Username, if applicable

Hi Jay,
Thanks for your detail feedback! We’ll pass along to our team for consideration. In the meantime, do not also forget to vote up your idea (next to the title’s topic). :slightly_smiling_face: